Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book & Fire & Smoke
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:51 am 

Spring is peeking here in the not so frozen waistland... While I refuse to cook outdoors in weather that is usually colder than my freezer, I am assured it is possible. In my younger days I was foolish, I'm trying to live longer these days.

Big Bob is another one of those larger than life legends in the world of food. When you understand what he accomplished with a hole in the ground, some cindercrete blocks, local, cheap wood and a cheap grill you should be astonished. He grew the business to feeding hundreds at a time (corporate events, etc.), plus running his daily bbq with a few picnic tables. Oh yeah, he won world championships 6 times in a row - AND shared his 'secrets'!

Chris Lilly wrote FIRE & SMOKE as a followup to his BBG'sBBQB. As the VP, executive chef and partner of BBGBBQ business, he and his team have won 10 world championships, 6 world titles at Memphis In May, et cetera. In F&S he shares a few more recipes and techniques in easy to replicate lessons.

Frankly, you won't mind eating your mistakes.

F&S: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/077043438X/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0
BBQBBQ: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Bob-Gibsons-BBQ-Book/dp/0307408116/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=big+bob+gibson&qid=1584542996&s=books&sr=1-1