Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: So much Drama!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:15 am 

Now that would seem to call for an exposition on the levels of crapola that exist and the scales against which these levels are measured. Might the unpurest be whole again (no pun intended). Would a puree be half way there? What about a roasted chicken? :lol:

Ah, yes! The healing of the arm, the removal of drugs from my system, and the lack of pain while sleeping may have reawakened the knight in shining armor. Shall we joust? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:51 am 

En guard AKA...prepare thyself.

Shall we joust...or jest?...Or just joust? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:55 pm 

But I digress - - - I hated to take away from the passion concerning He Who Must Be Obeyed in the other thread, but I did want to call you to task on your references to head cheese vs. THE head cheese. I realize both are composed of bits of meat from the head but does this make it closer to 'meat head'? Shirley, this would be most appropriate to the 'THE Head Cheese'. :lol:

BTW, all of this must bear some reflection upon chili, no?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm 

Wounded but still in the battle.."tis but a flesh wound."

First Archie…my name ain’t Shirley!

And that’s no Bull…or is it…I’m cornfused

As for the content of cerebral mass …perhaps they opinions of the ignorant & unenlightened as well as the public outcry are irrelevant and those who dare to erroneously observe & comment should “sit down & shut up” and leave those observations to the chosen few who are qualified to comment.

As for me…I’m going to Google “Meathead”

As for CK…he is free to put chocolate in his chili and exclaim “what a good boy am I.” those who regularly engage in mythical thinking can be quite entertaining…

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:51 am 

Hi,

There is an interesting report on Chris Kimball in Grub Street including a Kimball clarification of his convoluted rant.

Grub Street on the Killing of Blogosphere Journalism

It is nice to be respected.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:19 pm 

Tim - It’s quite unfair to bring logic and literacy to a perfectly ridiculous banter between 2 oafs. Nonetheless, the link and its subsequent contents were quite informative (Frank, that means you can ignore it…).

By the way, how come both of you have no avatars?
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:51 pm 

I ignored it by cancelling my web, as well as both my mag subscriptions...I refuse to support an arrogant blowhard that has lost touch with reality...very much like the majority of those who are left on the C.I. BB.

As for the avatar...as soon as I get this hideous second head removed I'm there!

Have you surrendered??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:09 am 

As my guy Churchill said, "Never surrender!" As for fighting on the beaches, we will be in San Diego in Nov. and Barbados in Dec. fighting the good fight there for whatever cause.

RE: "... refuse to support an arrogant blowhard that has lost touch with reality..." I suppose you are referring to me :o

I only use the CI web site to check a recipe, but once there I can't seem to ignore the itch to be entertained by the obssessions with trivia. Needless to say, once a week or month is enough to confirm my suspicions and dash my hopes that threads concerning cooking might appear.

BTW, I loved JesBelle's response to someone posting the question in the Friends of Cooks thread, "How do I get off of the recipe testing mailing list?" JesBelle's response: "Do every recipe they send you even though it means buying spendy out-of-season ingredients. Fill out the questionnaire exhaustively, adding many comments from both yourself and anyone else who might have tasted the dish. That's how I did it, anyway."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:15 am 

If I'm hijacking here, let me know. I'll start a new thread with maybe a title of "The Inmates Are Running the Asylum."
I think Fitzie started a thread on the OB (Other Board) about the crappy deal ATK runs on books; if you order one, you are signed up for a book club, which of course you don't know. I didn't, and went to California for three months. When I got back there were two books waiting for me, which I opened, not knowing that I had signed up, and was stuck for the return, the packing, the postage, etc. So there was a lively thread on other board about how maddening it was, and then......

The last ATK book I ordered was "Cooking for Two" from AMAZON - not ATK because of the book club scam. And then, out of the blue, I received a book in the mail; the Cook's label was on the back side, so I didn't see it and guess what???? I got a copy of "More Best Recipes" that II did not order or want!!!![b][/b] No address label, and there was a BILL inside. I know I didn't order this book, because I pay for anything I order at the time. I dropped it in the mail, and WHILE I WAS ON THE BOARD, THE MAIL CARRIER BROUGHT THE FREAKIN' THING BACK!!!!

And ATK/Jaqui Valerios' brilliant solution????!!!

Deleting all of the posts because "this board is for cooking inquiries only."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:14 pm 

I'm glad you posted about the Cookbook Scam. I happened to lurk at the OB today and I saw that post. CI isn't the only Cookbook publisher to do this. I have some cookbooks that I didn't order and I ended up opening and then seeing how much of a headache it was going to be to return them, I ended up buying them. I guess CI is hoping most people are like me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next