Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Free shipping from King Arthur on Parchment Paper
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:31 pm 

Barry, I got mine here:
http://thebakingqueen.com/parchment-paper/parchment-paper-list/
$50 and free shipping without any coupon codes, which if you sign up for their mailers they send every few months.

The 1000 pack is actually 2 500 packs so easy to share.

I've never used the KA one, so can't compare, but I'm very satisfied with the brand I have.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:41 pm 

If I am reading this correctly, it is more expensive than the KA. basically $20 for 160 sheets but I guess that is half sheets and maybe The baking Queen may be 100 full sheets for $18 plus shipping. The whole thing is a bit confusing. I never knew that buying sill Parchment paper could be so involved.

Barry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:15 pm 

Barry,

You should put your web site http://barrysplace.yolasite.com/ in your signature line as you did at TOBB. I enjoyed visiting it occasionally, I'm sure others would as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 pm 

Thanks DBM, that is a good idea, just haven't got around to it. I need to add a lot of recipes, I would love to have a way of making video clips but I don't have a video recorder.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 pm 

OldRelayer wrote:
If I am reading this correctly, it is more expensive than the KA. basically $20 for 160 sheets but I guess that is half sheets and maybe The baking Queen may be 100 full sheets for $18 plus shipping. The whole thing is a bit confusing. I never knew that buying sill Parchment paper could be so involved.

Barry

I never looked at the 100 price, since I wanted to buy a lot....I bought the half sheet size, which is just under $50 for 1000 sheets and that's with no coupon code. Free shipping. I don't buy full sheets since they'd have to be cut in half for what I use them for. ;)

It's $5 more to buy 200 than 100, and the price breaks get better as you go up. Of course if you don't need that many it's not worth it, but I can't find sheets in Canada (other than the dollar store and they are folded) so I ordered enough to last me 2 years.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 pm 

I think I will let Barbara do the math, although she already down on it, on thinks she getting the same same product which she is certainly not. We do use a whole lot of this product, it really saves on clean up time. Although I can't imagine using a piece more than once, they do get rather dirty after one uses. I must admit I generally like KA products.

Thanks,
Barry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:14 am 

I use my sheets multiple times. I usually just have a bit of grease and/or cookie crumbs left, so it is easy to just wipe off with a paper towel. I do not reuse the sheets that get really messed up though. I just purchased another pack from KA. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:02 am 

OldRelayer wrote:
I think I will let Barbara do the math, although she already down on it, on thinks she getting the same same product which she is certainly not. We do use a whole lot of this product, it really saves on clean up time. Although I can't imagine using a piece more than once, they do get rather dirty after one uses. I must admit I generally like KA products.

Thanks,
Barry

That's another reason I don't like Reynolds. A good baking parchment will release cleanly 98% of the time and you can then re-use it. I use "If You Care" brand. It's available at most natural food stores. It is thinner than the Reynolds, but it works much better. Also, since it is thinner, you don't have quite such a wrestling match to make it lay flat. The box looks small but you get 70 square feet for about $4 as opposed to 30 square feet for $3 of the Reynolds. The only drawback is that it doesn't come with a cutter. I put mine on one of those racks that hold food wrap and it has cutters built in. Before I had that, I just used kitchen shears. The one time I bought Reynolds I used shears also, since the only thing it seemed efficient at cutting was me.

edited to add: Yes, I know that "If You Care" is a really preachy brand name.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:05 am 

KAF has Free Shipping on Parchment paper.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:39 pm 

Just ordered the set of sheets, rounds and squares for my daughter. I'll have her send me the squares if she does have a use for them. I still prefer Exopap, but these are the next best thing.