Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: So much Drama!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:54 pm 

I chose not to renew my CI subscription again because the overall quality of the magazine has declined so steeply over the past couple of years. The icing on the cake was when I received my November/December issue and it had big production run issues. About five of the pages were heavily streaked with black and two of them are illegible. I have written three times to the Customer Service center to ask for a replacement copy. Two of my e-mails have gone ignored. I did receive one response to the second e-mail I sent, which asked me to tell them the issue date ... something I had already clearly identified in my e-mail to them.

My local Publix carries CI, so I'll browse the issues when they come out and decide on an issue-by-issue basis if one is worth spending money on. As far as ever subscribing again ... stick a fork in me. I'm done.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:48 pm 

Am I the only one that finds this thread very sad? :(

I still love my CI mags. I visit the site yet, but there is not much activity. I never experienced the level of frustration so many of you mention. Guess I spend most of my time lurking.

Janet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:53 pm 

I don't love my CI mags as much as I used to because there is so much repetition. After 9 years, can we please move on from the best roasted chicken?
But I also don't want to use this BB to lament about what we are disappointed about. This should be our fresh and new slate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:51 am 
Site Admin

Nancy,

I figure we'll have one "bitch about CI" thread and then move on. A lot of people here are frustrated at having been censored on the other board, so this is a place to vent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:24 am 

And I, for one, appreciate that. I was able to get my frustration out of my system and now I feel fine and ready to move on.

So, does this mean we don't get a Best Roast Chicken thread in this forum? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:08 am 

Wow- CI has become "1984."

...lou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:59 am 

Janet wrote:
Am I the only one that finds this thread very sad? :(

I still love my CI mags. I visit the site yet, but there is not much activity. I never experienced the level of frustration so many of you mention. Guess I spend most of my time lurking.

Janet

I find it VERY sad...I have always been a "good" cook, but CI & the board took me to a whole new level.

I have gotten to know many very good people from coast to coast and even overseas. I have met many both in New Orleans and in San Antonio...these friendships formed will be with me forever.

I own every CI magazine ever printed, my picture is in the Charter issue of Cooks Country, and I am a paying member of the Web Site and at one time was a very active voice on the BB. I have a can of beans signed by nearly everyone in the ATC kitchen including Chris & Jack...In other words...I feel a sense of "ownership" in the CI / ATC organization...in my opinion that is what a well run Company should strive to accomplish in it's customer base. It is a wake up call when those who feel as I do are basically told to "sit down & shut up!"

The board still has a handful of really, really nice people, but in large has been take over by elitist, snipping, shallow, people that quite frankly, I really have no use for. Harsh?? Perhaps, but if we are venting here, consider this my therapy.

If ATC were open to suggestions I would suggest that the web Editor open up a forum that people can politely and openly voice their frustrations, and ATC would politely, professionally, and openly address those voices with constructive responses rather than the delete and ignore policy that they now seem to have adopted.

I intend to send the content of this post to Mari in hopes that the wake up call will be heard.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:46 am 

Very well said. Thank you!
Please report back if Mari responds.
Nancy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:39 am 

Does anyone have Jack Bishops email address? If so, please PM me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:12 pm 

I sent the below (along with the text from the above post) to Jaquie Valero in hopes of getting something done.

-------------------------------------------

Hello Jacqui,

I posted this on another board in response to a poster that asked if others found it "sad" regarding what is happening on the CI BB as well as the web site. I am uncertain of the internal operations at ATC / BCP / CI / CC but I do know that I run a business her in Central Texas and nothing pleases me more than a less than satisfied customer bringing our organizational failings to my attention so I have an opportunity to address a rectify the issue.

My biggest fear is the dissatisfied customer that says nothing to me and badmouths me behind my back. I certainly hope that your organization will revisit it's approach to posters that are critical of the failings associated wit the BB & Web site. Mari's approach thus far seems to be deleting all posts that express dissatisfaction, a move that is increasing frustrations among your customers.

The result has been that other Bulletin Boards & forums are increasingly showing post that are critical to your organization. You guys are "family" to me & I hate to see what is happening. I would request that you either forward this to Mr Bishop or send me his e-mail so I may.

I also sent a copy of the text below to Mari

Thank you
Frank Bull
AKA Da Bull Man

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next