Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: So much Drama!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:40 am 

If innocuous posts are missing it could be a database problem on their side, maybe...

I can't imagine they'd be deleting posts with prejudice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:07 pm 

Boy, you're gracious.......

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:08 pm 

KSS,

You do seem to have become persona non grata. The RDD thread is still there, but I see no posts by you. I don't get it. I've called CK an elitist and maligned his prose. I've complained about content. I almost never back down from a fight with whoever wants to have one even after no-one wants to have one. And I've mentioned that much of CI's correspondence to me now mangles my name into a euphemism for a morning erection.

Does anyone know who you can email to find out if you've been banned? It's pretty low of them to do that without notifying you, though I suppose there's not much you can do if they have. I'd boycott on your behalf but, given the above, I don't think they'd exactly care.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:34 pm 

Woody :lol:

You should send a personal message to Mari Levine, the Board Administrator specifically asking your questions.

While you are at it, ask why they almost encourage posters who go out of their way to disparage Consumer Reports. And why do they actually post a complement to the poster who said they were no worse than the Columbia Record Club? I suspect they consider these as "food for thought"

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:27 am 

. . . I feel as though I have stumbled into ShangriLa . . .

So is this the undisclosed location where all of the clever people have been meeting? Please know that I have figuratively removed my shoes, and am appropriately quaking to be in your humbling electronic presence.

Maybe it’s not ShangriLa so much as a kind of CI bizarre-o world, in which civil, cooking-related discourse takes place, posts remain uncensored, and I catch fleeting glimpses of people who I *think* I recognize, but their handles may be just a little off . . . ?

Before you throw me out on my long-winded arse, let me just say that it’s Wino’s fault I’m here. He let the location of your little oasis slip. And if his indiscretion isn’t enough for you to unquestioningly embrace me to your collective bosom, will it at least convince you to grant me a trial period within your community?

What a geeky introduction. Alas, it is probably a fair representation of my personality.

Hollie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:16 am 

Welcome, Hollie!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 am 

Welcome Hollie!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:03 pm 

Welcome, Great into, you'll fit right in!

Laurie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:08 am 

See, I told you you'd like it!

It will take some of them a while to deal with polysyllabics (though they are good with grunts and clicks :lol: ) but when the name calling starts you know they luv ya’. Your final anointment will be bestowed by Da Bull Man; I think I hear him comin’ ‘round the mountain…

BTW, you would probably enjoy perusing some of the old threads.

Thanks for taking the leap!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:41 am 

Here's another Chris Kimball interview

In this interview:

"I don’t have any pride of authorship. If the recipe works—if it’s Lydia’s recipe or Alice’s recipe or one of my test kitchen chefs’ recipes—I don’t feel a great need to take credit." So where are the attributions in the magazine?

"You need a Chef’s Choice model 139 sharpener." Note: Coincidentally, every Chef Choice knife sharpener comes with an advertisement for Cook's Illustrated publications.

"The second thing is a really good 12-inch skillet, fully clad, probably an All-Clad." Coincidentally, every All-Clad pan comes with an advertisement for Cook's Illustrated publications.

Fun read.

Tim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next