Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: So much Drama!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:11 pm 

I have such a way with words when I'm cranky. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:13 pm 

Is it me or did CI disappear the Cookbook scam thread?

I thought it was in Miscellaneous but there nothing there, nor in Cookbooks, nor in CI.com. The admin was talking about deleting posts that weren't about cooking...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:10 pm 

I'm sure that's how it works, otherwise, why do it? I did write her (JV) an email, and said it wasn't ordered, agreed to or solicited, and according to the law, I could keep it and that's what I'm going to do. Not because I want the book, but because I didn't seem to be able to get it out of my house. She wrote back that she was removing the bill.

It'll make a Christmas present for someone.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:16 pm 

If they are going to delete all the posts that are not about cooking, maybe they could start with all of the claptrap devoted to this, that, or the other cooking show host - their looks, their speech patterns, their cleavage, etc. Then they could do away with all of the neuroses re: other shoppers, other neighbors, other relatives, other pets, other kids, other aardvarks...; the latest deals on Amazon (Costco, Sears, Mars, etc.); ad nauseum. You know, there really is a reason for the WINO moniker. :twisted:

Aside for Frank: Maybe we need to start a new thread under Miscellaneous called The Drunken Bovines or some such so we can just keep some semblance of idiocy going here. All these other people just make too much sense!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:21 pm 

Sorry, Pete, that's exactly what they did. Yes, aren't you all surprised we can't talk about anything but cooking on the OB? I was, hitting the roof, so to speak. Gone, all gone. It annoyed them. Evidently.

This is a new business model I hadn't heard of: piss off existing customers, kick them out of "the clubhouse" if you don't like what they are writing, send them elsewhere to vent. Spiffing. Simply spiffing.

And Josh "the Fuzzy:" God bless ya real good for starting this board. I really mean it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:43 pm 

[quote="wino"]If they are going to delete all the posts that are not about cooking, maybe they could start with all of the claptrap devoted to this, that, or the other cooking show host - their looks, their speech patterns, their cleavage, etc. Then they could do away with all of the neuroses re: other shoppers, other neighbors, other relatives, other pets, other kids, other aardvarks...; the latest deals on Amazon (Costco, Sears, Mars, etc.); ad nauseum. You know, there really is a reason for the WINO neuroses. :twisted: /quote]
Why get so worked up? You can just skip the ones you aren't interested in reading. It's not like you're getting an extra pile of paper to deal with.
BeckyH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:47 pm 

BeckyH - All those electrons could be serving a higher purpose! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:29 pm 

They deleted a bunch of them just today. Most of the ones I read earlier are gone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:12 am 

It just might be fun to post "non-cooking" thread on Friday evening. They would not be removed until Monday.

I thought that it was hilarious that Jaqui Valerio thanked one poster who characterized Cook's Illustrated's Fulfillment Program as no worse than the Columbia Record Club. What a wonderful example to emulate.

Tim

ps: Chris Kimball has challenge all Wiki recipe to a contest against an ATK recipe. http://christopherkimball.wordpress.com/2009/10/15/wiki-vs-test-kitchen-recipe-challenge/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:43 pm 

Speaking of drama, you've got to check out the "Rice Left Out Overnight" thread that our dear Kathy Henry posted. It was a very simple question which I responded to and then, OMG, the Food Police beat me to a bloody pulp :lol: (But not really funny) .

Sheesh, there are a lot of people with nothing better to do than to let people know they have nothing better to do!!!
Nancy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next