Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mushroom Popcorn
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:34 am 

Wino, if you go to a Kernel's and ask for the popcorn they use to make their caramel corn they will sell it to you. Sometimes you need the manager though, since they sell their regular butterfly kind already packaged and it confuses the counter help when you deviate from the norm, at least at my location.
From the kernel's website
Choose a location below...
1Lawson Heights
134 Primrose Drive
Saskatoon, SK
S7K 5S6
(306) 683-2676
kernels.popcorn@sasktel.net

2Midtown Plaza
201 First Avenue South
Saskatoon, SK
S7K 1J6
(306) 652-2676
kernels.popcorn@sasktel.net

And, I don't know if it's the mushroom kind, but I was at the Wholesale club last night, and they have a 50 pound bag for around $37. I was very tempted, but resisted and never asked them about it; am regretting not taking the info on the package though so that I could investigate further. http://wholesaleclub.ca/LCLOnline/home. ... id=4206712

Lastly, my Real Canadian Superstore has a bulk section, and the popcorn I bought there several times was a mushroom kind, but they are prone to change what they carry, and the last time it was a butterfly type. Might be worth a shot to try a small amount though.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:59 am 

HUGE THANK YOUS :!: :D We are in Saskatoon regularly visiting clients and relatives!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm 

This is what a 50lb bag of popcorn looks like on the back of a Harley. If you look closely, the bag says Yellow in big Red letters, but there is a "C" hand written in marker. The "C" stands for coating which means this is the Mushroom variety. Imagine all this popcorn for only $20. On my way home, I kept thinking how much popcorn this would pop up to if this were exposed to an extreme heat source.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:56 pm 

Todd, I'll take 10 pound off your hands. Just package it up and save for the next time I see you. Hopefully soon, I wanna make pasta!

Laurie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:02 pm 

MiGirl wrote:
Todd, I'll take 10 pound off your hands. Just package it up and save for the next time I see you. Hopefully soon, I wanna make pasta!

Laurie

Sounds good. I am going to put it into Ziploc bags.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 pm 

talanhart wrote:
On my way home, I kept thinking how much popcorn this would pop up to if this were exposed to an extreme heat source.

797.8 liters

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:30 am 

So I made some Kettle Corn last night and I am very happy with this popcorn. I'm pretty sure it's not the same variety that I had last Sunday, but this variety is awesome. The Kernels pop up very large and for the most part round. This is definitely worth the 40 cents a lb that I paid for it, not including the great ride I had after work last night.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 am 

So talanhart, what are your plans for all this mushroom popcorn? Or are you keeping it in the dark? 8-)

Ancient Amerikano Adventuring Abroad: another fat guy up a mountain in the Philippines

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:32 am 

talanhart wrote:
This is what a 50lb bag of popcorn looks like on the back of a Harley. If you look closely, the bag says Yellow in big Red letters, but there is a "C" hand written in marker. The "C" stands for coating which means this is the Mushroom variety. Imagine all this popcorn for only $20. On my way home, I kept thinking how much popcorn this would pop up to if this were exposed to an extreme heat source.

Todd, thanks for that information on the "c" , I'm going to try and get more information on that 50 lb bag I saw here.

Wonder if you could recreate the last scene from "Real Genius" with that popcorn?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 am 

Tatoosh wrote:
So talanhart, what are your plans for all this mushroom popcorn? Or are you keeping it in the dark? 8-)

I'm not sure what I am going to do. Laurie want's 10 lbs. I plan on taking some to Becky in two weeks. Maybe I will start my own Kettle Corn business.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next