Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Way We Were!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:29 am 

Dear Rhonda,

Cook's Illustrated is now taking recipe suggestions for a new bi-monthly publication, "Cook's Illustrated's Ultimate Processed Foods". They are taking recipe submissions such as the recipes for fruit yogurt pie and mom's ham logs. Rumor is that they have hired some east coast politician's sleep-over friend to test recipes.

Sadly, I seem to have lost my recipe for lime jello, cream of asparagus soup sale. I may send a request to Campbell Soup.

CC :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 am 

Tim, I suspect this is the problem from the Cook's Country website: The poster "Antilope" frequently posts old strange, recipes....

Quote:
LOOKING FOR A RECIPE
We've created a Cook's Country forum for you to post your recipe requests and help other members locate lost treasures. Learn more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:31 am 

Kae,

I much prefer to assume they are coming out with the cookbook of the ultimate processed food recipes. It's a better fit for their corporate stategy.

CC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:29 pm 

Ummmmm....they have a strategy??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:13 pm 

Tim wrote:
Dear Rhonda,

Cook's Illustrated is now taking recipe suggestions for a new bi-monthly publication, "Cook's Illustrated's Ultimate Processed Foods". They are taking recipe submissions such as the recipes for fruit yogurt pie and mom's ham logs. Rumor is that they have hired some east coast politician's sleep-over friend to test recipes.

Sadly, I seem to have lost my recipe for lime jello, cream of asparagus soup sale. I may send a request to Campbell Soup.

CC :lol:

:?
Them people done lost their last mind! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:35 pm 

Rhonda wrote:
Tim wrote:
Hi,

I'm tempted to re-join and offer a "wonderful" recipe for Lime Jello, Cream of Asparagus Soup Salad.

CC :twisted:

Gosh, I must have missed a good fight. Someone clue me in on what happened. 8-)

Rhonda, under look under Board Index, Food Media, Food Web, Great Big Bag o'Tangents.
fitzie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:38 am 

Wow, have I been transported back 7 or 8 years? Just read this thread and it is unreal to see ALL these old familiar names here.....

I love that Josh made this new place for us and I came over when he first set it up. TOBB was getting to be a drag between mgmt & some self-appointed overbearing rulers of food/kitchen/tool/diet/decor/appliances/etiquette members. I guess I wasn't the only one thinking that way .... But I don't drop in much here and mostly saw this as a pretty quiet place. Surprise, surprise, somebody has been up to something because it sure has taken off now. :) Yay, Fuzzy!

Gosh, like someone else wrote, I think about so many of you, all of you probably, every so often usually when making a certain dish, gardening, or just thinking about places I know you guys live.

So wonderful to "see" all of you again. I'll be back to visit more often now. It sure does feel like coming home, to the cooking home :)

Kathleen aka Leena

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:08 am 

Welcome home...good to have you at the table...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:12 pm 

leenagrace wrote:
Gosh, like someone else wrote, I think about so many of you, all of you probably, every so often usually when making a certain dish, gardening, or just thinking about places I know you guys live.

So wonderful to "see" all of you again. I'll be back to visit more often now. It sure does feel like coming home, to the cooking home :)

Kathleen aka Leena

I'll say things like "Crystal told me about..." and my husband will say "who???" :lol:
Nice to "see" you too!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 pm 

:D Glad to see you Leena. I'm thinking of contributing to the new bimonthly magazine. Oscar mayer bologna meatballs with cheetos, cheez whiz and grape jelly. Ooh yum!
Nancy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next