Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: confession
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:11 pm 

:o I had a hankerin' for some tuna noodle casserole about 10 days ago that I grew up on. So I had to buy a can of cream of mushroom soup. I know I could have made it differently, but it wouldn't have been the same with out the canned soup. Well, I was putting it in the pantry & it fell on my foot. I think it broke my toe. Actually it still hurts & I had trouble walking this weekend. I guess I learned my lesson. We never buy processed food & I guess a broken toe is a good reminder!
Be forewarned!!!!!!!!!!!

We got up Sat am around 7 in NYC & I was looking for my handbag. No where to be found. We checked the car, under the bed,etc. Called a friend of ours to ck out our house & it took her 3 hrs (she takes a long time to get ready in the am) to go to our house & see it in the kitchen. Needless to say I was in a panic the whole time. I had to replace all my credit cards & everything else last yr when I left my wallet at market. The wallet was returned (minus the money of course) but I had all ready cancelled all the cards. If you have had to go thru this you know that it is a real pain in the ass.

Then I got sick, which unfortuately I frequently do when I travel. After a few hours I was fine. We had a great dinner @ Tim & Lib's son's restaurant. He is front of the house & has such a great personality for that job. The food there is just fantastic.

Yep, I'm running on again.
Kathy

None the less. We really had a great weekend!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: confession
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:19 pm 

So, you injured yourself, had a panic attack, and got sick but it was still a great weekend? I'm afraid of what might constitute a lousy weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:20 pm 

Despite the drama it was nice to finally meet you in person!
Nance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 pm 

:lol: :lol: that probably does sound strange, but it really was a nice weekend. I would have liked to do more than we did, but Pete is such a good husband & understands that I am just not a great traveler digestive wise. But, that said, we love to travel. It just usually takes me a day to adjust! I'm not sure what a bad weekend would be! Sounds sappy, but anytime we are together, it is a great time.
Kathy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:43 pm 

Kathy,

That is a lovely, sweet sentiment. You and Pete are blessed.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:05 pm 

I love the memory of that 60's tuna noodle casserole. With the peas and the crushed potato chips.

Sadly, sometimes those trips down food memory lane are not pleasant!! I bought a can of Campbells Bean with Bacon soup about two years ago. Loved it as a kid and uugggh. I took two bites and threw it out.

Glad that your trip turned out ok afterall. What did you do with baby Wendall??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:10 am 

We boarded Wendell at the vet's office up the street. We can tell he didn't have as good a weekend as we did. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 am 

easy bake wrote:
Sadly, sometimes those trips down food memory lane are not pleasant!!

A couple years ago, I was on a job in North Carolina, and living alone. I got a real bad cold or flu and was home in bed. Talking to a friend on the phone, I reminisced about my mother making us Campbell's Tomato Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches (American slices on Wonder bread) when we were sick. She dropped by later with a couple cans of tomato soup, a loaf of fluffy white air bread, and a package of American cheese slices!

I will never remember those things with fondness again. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:00 am 

Silver Sage, sorry to hear that. We are having tomato soup with grilled cheese today as we're having our first real snow. Don't have any soft bread so we're using Italian bread and sharp cheddar. Still love that combination.
Fitzie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:40 am 

fitzie wrote:
Silver Sage, sorry to hear that. We are having tomato soup with grilled cheese today as we're having our first real snow. Don't have any soft bread so we're using Italian bread and sharp cheddar. Still love that combination.
Fitzie

I'm jealous that this is your first snow! But the weather is conducive to the tomato soup/grch combo--that's what I am planning for dinner this evening!