Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where are you? No one is cooking?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:58 pm 

A life saver this summer has been Fuzzy's hummus - served with a VERY chilled rosé, and sitting in the shade - DIVINE INTERVENTION! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:26 pm 

Sounds perfect, Wino! I will have to check out Fuz's recipe and my favorite summer drink is a chilled dry rose, but I never would ahve thought to pair it with hummus.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:52 pm 

One of these days I may get off my ass and publish here some wine tips, suggestions, etc. that I particularly think are interesting, even fun, or especially tasty. Every time I think about it though I push it off to another 'to do' list. Maybe the trick is to put it all into a Word document and force myself to attack it for just 15 minutes a day. We'll see. :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Wino,

Just get a blog and post them one tip at a time. Or I can give you space on fuzzychef.org if you want that. Do it in small increments and you can keep it up (says the guy who hasn't put up a food post in over a month).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:30 pm 

My new job has kept me insanely busy - as some of you know, after three months I was promoted to supervisor (the Peter Principle at work? :lol: ). Anyway, I've spent the last few weeks cleaning up someone else's mess. Plus we have very strict internet policies at work, so I can't check in as often. ;)

I've also been baking some cakes, which really sucks this summer. I have three to do this weekend alone (baby shower, christening, anniversary). I've started to do modeling chocolate roses - they are lots of fun!

I've not been cooking much - really boring stuff is coming out of my kitchen foodwise this summer. I'll kick it back up a notch this winter (I hope).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:04 pm 

Love the wine tip idea! Just do it.

I just got back from 5 weeks in the States and am not back into the cooking routine yet. I keep getting invited out to dinner. I did make myself some chicken last night and used some of the raspberry enlightenment I bought at Penzey's. I think this stuff has some legs to it. I also added it to salad dressing. Anyone else use this or have any ideas?

Mary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:56 am 

Like the rest of you I've kept it easy. Steaks and chicken on the grill, lots of veg from the garden and fruit from the market. I've also done simple sandwiches a few nights, by the time I get home from work, I just don't feel much like cooking.

We have entertained the last 2 weekends, but kept that simple to. Steaks one time with little red skins from the farmers market, simply boiled, butter garlic and fresh herbs added. Green beans from the garden, a green salad with homemade buttermilk dressing and sour dough bread from the freezer. Then last weekend, ribs, sweet potato's, green beans again (we have so many), a loaf of bread and an apple pie I had in the freezer.

I did do my first creme brule' the first weekend. I've had the torch for over a year. The couple that came to dinner is a couple we met on the cruise we took to south america winter before last. They live only an hour north or us and we have become good friends. This was their first trip to our home. We ususlly meet at a restaurant for dinner. On the cruise she and I ate creme brule' several times and vowed to make together one day...so we did.

Laurie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:54 am 

Laurie - Welcome back! Wondered where you'd been.

Last night, I made the beer braised shortribs on the 'q and no one, including me liked them. I used an onion that I had never seen or heard of called a clam. It was soooooo sweet, made a vidalia taste rasty. Big disappointment.

Still hot here. The only nice two days were NASCAR weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:49 am 

I just finished the Millenium Trilogy. We've been living on grilled cheese and salads. Guess I'd better hie meself to the kitchen and whip up something decent for a change.
Fitzie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:35 pm 

Fitzie
The triology certainly interfered with my wanting to do anything but read. As much as I loved reading it, I am glad it is over so I can get back to enjoying summer entertaining. Although I do have the urge to make Graavlax.
ilene

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next