Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hello From Maine
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:54 am 

adding my welcome too! I too love Thai food (sans the evil herb cilantro- blech) but it's the one food my kids don't like. They will eat chinese and indian foods, but don't like thai. :o I need to work on that.

another great thing about the mods and admin is that they fix our stuff when we goof up. Not that it's ever happened to me. ;)

Post subject: Re: Hello From Maine
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:19 pm 

That was one of the problems with CI, as far as I could tell there were no Mods so when Spammers took over the site, there was no getting it back. Where as the site was closing down it sure didn't matter much to the owner of the site. I look forward to this becoming my new home on the Net and hope to glean many new cooking ideas and recipes as was possible for so long on CI, it is only recently that everyone abandoned the site, including me, I don't even have a link to it in my bookmarks any more.

About 25 years ago now, I was first introduced to Thai food in kind of an unusual way. My friend and I were in Worcester Mass. for the Virginia slims, it was a great tournament, neither of us knew anything about the city so we asked a police officer if he knew of a good Chinese place. He said there was a great Thai restaurant a short walk from where we were and my friend had had Thai food and thought that was a great idea. From my first bit of Pad Thai I was in love with Thai food and seek it out when ever possible and even do a fair job on making some with the help of my good friends at CI. There are some packaged Thai dishes at the market that are not too bad and will do nicely in a pinch instead of fast food that we don't do. I still like Chinese but given the choice of the two restaurants I will take Thai every time.

I have had a slow week health wise actually rotten is more descriptive so I will be posting more as time goes on and hopefully I feel a little better.

Thanks for all the great welcomes,
Barry