Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi Rhonda !
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 am 

Whatcha been up to? Long time no see. :D

Post subject: Re: Hi Rhonda !
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:34 am 

Been keeping busy and actually reading real books with this no-computer thing going on. Mom's friend is repairing it for free, and so that's why it's taking so long.

I've also been doing a lot of cooking. Used ATK's recipes and cooked a 25# ham last week (Cider-Baked Ham), their Delmonico Potatoes and cornmeal biscuits. Will add more seasonings to the potatoes next time, but everything was really great. Also included a spinach salad with candied pecans, sliced local strawberries & a poppyseed dressing. May duplicate menu for Easter but use Crystal's biscuits.

Whatcha been up to? :)
Rhonda

P.S. Just rec'd email on status of computer.
"Well, you've sort of picked a bad time to send it to me. After your mom have it to me, I was sick last week and this week I am on my way to San Antonio for a conference. But I will get it done by the middle of next week if that's ok.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate

P.S.S. I hope everyone who creates those bugs, worms and viruses, has their own computer crash!!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:46 am 

Being without a computer is strange isn't it!! Hope you are up and running soon. We are busy whiling away the winter. It is sleeting right now and I have a pile of laundry to do as a result of the hubby's four day ski trip (yes, it's just easier if I do it, he does other stuff for me).

Trinket is coming out to visit in March, so that should up the ante on my cooking a bit. I am doing lo cholesterol cooking now, so my days of whipping up a batch of CI's bb scones for no good reason are gone. I've been known to do a chicken breast or ground turkey breast on the George Foreman lately.

I also have been buying up strawberries again, the early ones seem really good this year. Even the big ones from Costco have a lot of flavor.

That's my report.

Lynn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:58 am 

Thanks for the report. Nothing wrong with cooking chicken breasts on the GF grill. Days without scones, etc., can be good. Like staying off the computer for awhile. Back to basics.

GREAT TO SEE YOU. Hope the weather clears soon and you have some someshine. The strawberries are starting to come in around here, too. Still a little expensive, but very flavorful and worth it.

Have a great one Dear Lady and send my best to Trinket :D
Rhonda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:21 pm 

Howdy Rhonda :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:54 pm 

OMG!! It is so great to see you, Miss Crystal. I'm smiling now just seeing your post. I have thought of you often, as well as Rob and your little ones. Hope everything is great with you. Sure wish I would have cooked your biscuits last week instead of those cornmeal ones. Oh, well. Lesson learned. Stick with the best!

:D :) ;)
Rhonda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:23 pm 

Hi Rhonda!!! Great to see you. Hope you're around more once your computer is up and running. I'm going out to visit Easy Bake. Mr. EB is going to fine tune my skiing techniques (or lack of) and I'm going to bake some goodies for both of them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:42 pm 

Gail, sounds like sooooo much fun. I'll bet there will be a Girls Night Out, too.

I'll be back more once I get the computer back.

Just chillin' today with my father. Not a lot to do, but Mom should be home in an hour or 2. I have a manicure at 4:30, and it's way overdue :lol:

Good to see you! Have fun on your trip and post plenty of pix :)

Rhonda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:08 pm 

Rhonda, it is good to see you. You sound like you are doing well :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 pm 

Tiffany from Florida!!! It has been forever since I've seen you. Yes, I am doing well, thank you. Hope everything is great in Florida for you. Can't wait to hear what you have been up to.

Great to hear from you.

Must sign off. Mom just drove up. Going to New Orleans tomorrow for lunch and to pick up an ice full chest of shrimp. :) :) :)

Rhonda