Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M Grill in Los Angeles
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:22 am 

I was in LA over the weekend and we ate here on Saturday night. It was very good and a lot of fun. If I was in LA again, would I go back right away. I don't think so, because they have so many other places I would like to try.

MGRILL

Post subject: Re: M Grill in Los Angeles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:05 am 
Site Admin

Todd,

Never been there. Highlights?

And when are you coming to SF?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:37 am 

Oh, I'm going there next week.....I will try to go there, since I may not get to go to Yosemite like I was planning.......

Karen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:00 pm 

The interior is very nice and they had live music. I was a little disappointed, because we were seated at a table in the bar and not the dining room. Our reservation was made on Saturday for that night and it was for 9:30 p.m. which is their last seating on the weekends. The place was full when we got there. Mike had a Caiparena (sp) cocktail which he said was very good. Peter and I drank water. The salad bar is very nice with some unusual items. The web site has all the items listed. They did have about 7 or 8 different Olive oils available which was very cool. I tried the Spanish oil and it was very good. They bring a basket of Cheese rolls to the table, but we all found them to be doughy inside. They needed to be baked a little longer. The Beef was very good. Some cuts were a bit salty if you ended up getting the first piece off of the skewer. They also had Chicken, Pork and Lamb. The Pork ribs were my least favorite. I don't think pork should be cooked this way or they need a different cut or something. Altogether, they have about 20 different types of meats and Grilled Pineapple that they bring to your table. Mike told me during dinner that he wasn't really looking forward to us going there, but was very Happy that we did. Dinner is $50.00 a person. They were having a back to school special during the month of September, so when the check came, there was a discount of $37.50 already taken off of the total. Except for the rolls, Pork and being seated in the Bar area, I really enjoyed the evening. I have a feeling Michael and Peter will go there again when they have out of town guests.