Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Per Se WOW
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:06 am 

Per Se is the world's 6th best restaurant according to this list. I met a colleague of my husband's whose hobby is trying as many of these restaurants as he can when he travels on business or pleasure. Nice life!

http://www.theworlds50best.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:18 am 

Booking Keller is the BIGGEST complaint about his restaurants. The French Laundry is 60 days exactly starting at 10 AM California time. Per Se is 30 days, etc. You need to check the web site for each. By far the easiest way is to use your Platinum AMEX service (you do have one doncha?). If you don't have that, start dialing on as many phones as you can coordinate (my wife and I used 3) and keep hitting redail. His response to all of the criticism about this did not endear him to anyone - to wit, "They have to want it a little bit." That paraphrasing is not far off ... He can't seem to bring himself to realize that most people that can afford him have busy lives and maybe even a dayplanner. We often are booking 6-9 months out as I am sure many others do. Also, quite cute is that he uses OpenTable and it always responds with a message to the effect that either those dates are not available yet or some other tripe.

Oh yeah, don't get me started :!: :evil: :roll: :o :lol: :lol:

P.S. The meals are well worth this insult. :D
P.P.S. AMEX includes Keller's restaurants as a perk for the Platinum card and does perform miracles but give them 2-3 days prior to the 60 day or 30 day, whatever the latest imaginary line in the sand is. After the fact is really tough. They fill after about 15 minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:06 pm 

Platinum Amex is the way I got mine. I no longer carry that card, but back when I was in the corporate world I used their concierge services extensively.

Amy