Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old City Hall
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 pm 

Bay City has a restaurant that is actually in the original City Hall, thus the name. My mother took my brother, sister in law and me there for dinner last night. It's probably been 10 years since I have eaten there, because the last time I was there it wasn't that good. Since then, they brought in a new chef and the meal was actually very good. My brother and I had the New York Strip special that included Salad, Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes and a vegetable medly. The steaks each had 5 or 6 Morels on them plus a couple of Shrimp in a Garlicy pan sauce. I asked for Rare and my steak was Rare. My brother asked for MR and his was Medium. The potatoes were very good and the vegetables weren't overcooked. The salad was chopped Romaine, Red Onion, Grape tomatoes and croutons. The onions were sliced about a 1/4" thick which I really don't like on a salad. Because this was a birthday dinner, they brought us two slices of Red Velvet Cake. This isn't my favorite cake, but this was pretty good. The frosting was either a 7 minute frosting or I think a Royal Icing. It was pretty light, not overly sweet and tasted a little like Meringue. My mother had a Prime Rib Sandwich that she really enjoyed and it was loaded with thinly sliced meat and served on Sour Dough bread with Au Jus and French Fries. My SIL had Chicken nachos that also looked really good and served with a Corn and Black bean salsa in the middle of the plate. The service was very good, but our dinner was a little slow coming out of the kitchen considering we were the first ones there for dinner. I didn't mind the wait because we were out to have a nice time and we did. After dinner the three of them walked to Timothy's Cigar store to pick up some Cigars for a friend who is retiring and I went in the opposite direction to get the car. This was the nicest dinner I have had in Bay City in a long time and I probably won't wait 10 years to go back again.