Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hash House A Go Go
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:12 am 

I was in Las Vegas last week and I ate at the Hash House A Go Go for lunch on Friday.

http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/menu/dinner.html

This restaurant is known for it's really large portions of "Twisted Farm" food. Knowing this, I ordered "Andy's Crispy Sage Fried Chicken Salad-
Mixed greens,green apple, blue cheese, caramelized pecans, tomato, sage fried chicken breast and clover honey mango vinaigrette."

Now I love Salads and I order them all the time in restaurants. My biggest complaint is I never get enough greens. Being this restaurant is known for it's large portions, I was really looking forward to a very large salad with lots of greens. Boy was I dissapointed. The salad came out in a large white bowl. The greens etc. didn't even fill the bowl halfway and the Sage Fried Chicken Breast was big, but not excessive. The salad was dressed with a vinaigrette that they also rimmed the bowl with right up to the top for a garnish. This was very annoying when I went to cut the chicken, because my wrist kept touching the rim of the bowl and the dressing, so I had to keep wiping it off. The salad and the vinaigrette were very good. The Chicken was OK as was the biscuit that came with the meal. My server came to remove my bowl and I told her I was a little dissapointed that there weren't more greens in the salad after hearing about how large the portions are at this resturant. She did offer to bring me more greens which surprised me. She also did a good job at keeping my water filled.