Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: What's everyone (or anyone) growing this season?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:03 am 

talanhart wrote:
Did you guys use your Scapes in anything? I read a recipe the other day where they used Pistachios for the nuts in Garlic Scape Pesto. Sounds good to me.

I didn't - I gave mine to a friend.

But that does sound good.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:52 pm 

This is what I got today from a friend. These have the knobby end removed. I made about a gallon of Pesto and I still have the large bowl of scapes leftover. I wish some of you lived a little closer. This year I made some Pesto using Pisctachios and boy is it delicious.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:36 pm 

It's pepper time! At least green peppers...no ripe ones yet. However, I already have more than even I could use, and this last weekend I didn't even take the cover off the largest part of the row, where they are growing even better. Here is a pepper slideshow, with the first 12 photos the lastest, with a bunch of the new Indian peppers. They are ahead of usual, probably because of the mild winter, and the warm soil when planted. And maybe the several 90+ days we've already had might have had something to do with it, too. ;)

Only ripe sunsugars so far in the tomatoes, and they are always first. A lot of tomatoes all over out there, and a few eggplants on many of the varieties, so it seems they are all ahead of time. And I saw my first melon - an Athena; only about 5", so it has a while to go, and there are dozens of very small melons of many types. And I saw a bunch of 2-3" cukes, so they aren't too far away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6