Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Exorcising your kitchen
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:29 pm 

I'm helping Jane Kelly out over EYB by writing a daily blog for the website. It's great being given an excuse to read about food everyday, and there are some wacky articles out there.

I couldn't resist sharing this NY Post article about how Rachael Ray, who's taking over Martha Stewart's kitchen studio (and apparently has a "history" with Martha) had her staff exorcise the remaining demons by "saging" the kitchen. As the Post put it, "Tv chef Rachael Ray has asked staffers to perform a wacky exorcism ritual while planning her move into arch rival Martha Stewart’s Chelsea studio, ordering them to burn bundles of sage to chase away negative “spirits.”

Here's the link if you want to read the full article: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/cook_sage_advice_jeyXO84HUagS9IRJh15D2K

Post subject: Re: Exorcising your kitchen
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:22 pm 

Sage may work for Martha Stewart, but I hear it takes incense, a monsignor, and about 3 pints of holy water to get the Sandra Lee vibes out of a kitchen.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:24 pm 

I'd think a loose turtleneck and 80's style trackpants would do it.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm 

Lindsay wrote:
I'm helping Jane Kelly out over EYB by writing a daily blog for the website. It's great being given an excuse to read about food everyday, and there are some wacky articles out there.

I couldn't resist sharing this NY Post article about how Rachael Ray, who's taking over Martha Stewart's kitchen studio (and apparently has a "history" with Martha) had her staff exorcise the remaining demons by "saging" the kitchen. As the Post put it, "Tv chef Rachael Ray has asked staffers to perform a wacky exorcism ritual while planning her move into arch rival Martha Stewart’s Chelsea studio, ordering them to burn bundles of sage to chase away negative “spirits.”

Here's the link if you want to read the full article: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/cook_sage_advice_jeyXO84HUagS9IRJh15D2K

Well THAT was creepy!!! While I was reading this, I started hearing Martha talking at 10:44 p.m.!!! She was on SUV or whatever it;s called. OMG! She's everywhere

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:56 pm 

Thanks for the laugh :D The daily blog writing gig is cool, Lindsay!