Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pasta recipe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:00 pm 

I made the pasta bake last night and it was great. Thanks Linda for posting it. I used 2 bags of TJ's cauliflower florets and 1 of their Broccoli florets. I upped the temp on the veggie roast to 450 and added garlic, and then smoked paprika to the cauliflower and sumac to the broccoli. The first batch I made, we ended up eating the veggies every time we walked by, before they could make it to the bake. I also thought I did not have enough pancetta, so I used 3 links of TJ's pork sweet Italian sausage. I then found the pancetta (little tub from TJ's) so it was meatier than the original. Used shredded sharp cheddar (also TJ's). By the time I was ready to put it in the baking dish, I realized 1 qt. was going to be way too small. I ended us using my 9" X 13" Pyrex, so I used 8 oz. of the penne. I had some leftover Vermont Whole Wheat Oatmeal Maple bread so I used that for the topping. Worrying it would be too sweet, I sprinkled fresh parm on it before it went into the oven.

We really enjoyed it. Since I had such a big pan, I thought I'd freeze half, but Steve said to wait until we had a second meal. This means he'll end up having bits of it before I serve it again. I think the sausage was a great addition as it made a complete meal for us. Thanks again.

Post subject: Re: Pasta recipe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:50 am 

Lovely! So glad you liked it. I made mine as the recipe was written (I'm not as adventurous and creative as you are). I enjoyed it so much that it's gone into the regular rotation.