Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Apple Muffins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:30 am 

Was feeling daring and made these from some random blog: http://addapinch.com/cooking/cinnamon-a ... ns-recipe/

Oh my, cannot stop eating them. They are the muffins of my dreams.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Apple Muffins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:16 am 

Those look really good. Recipe copied to Living Cookbook. Do you think they'll work as mini muffins (my favorite way to eat muffins?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:07 am 

Do 't see why not. I cut the apples into a fairly small dice. I should make mini-muffins, then Imcould eat more of them!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13 am 

They look delish. And just what I needed, another food blog to follow. :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:12 pm 

So I made this yesterday, halving the recipe. I wanted to try them vs. an Apple Fritter Bread recipe I'd also copied. Not thinking, I decided to make one pan of mini muffins. Not a great idea for the bread recipe. I am all left brained, so filling the mini muffin cups was a lot of fun. I overfilled them and the result was not pretty. I also messed up the drizzle by using way too much milk. Anyway, the flavor was good, but not worth the hassle imho. The Cinnamon Apple Mini Muffins were excellent. I made them both with exactly the same method. Raw, I liked the Apple Fritter Bread recipe batter better by a smidgen. After filling my 24 cup mini muffin pan, I had batter left over from both, so I mixed it and made 6 regular muffins. Those were good too. So I'm going to combine the recipes so I can make more mini-muffins, my favorite size. I like that both had distinguishable apple pieces. So I'll use the bread batter recipe, but the muffin method and coating (I have an aversion to powdered sugar). I'll probably reduce the butter to 3 oz. in the bread recipe as well. Anyway, they are both keepers, but combined should be irresistible. Here's the link to the recipe for the Apple Fritter Bread in case anyone prefers loaves. BTW, since I was doing one mini-muffin pan (24) and one recipe said 350° F. and the other 375° F. I used 365° F. and baked them for 15 minutes for the minis and 20 for the regular.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:41 pm 

OMG! Alina, that Apple Fritter Bread looks amazing and irresistible. Definitely going to make this later this week. Thanks for yet another wonderful recipe.