Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: food photos
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:12 pm 

fitzie wrote:
We've never been a "casserole" family...

Nor have we, but there is something about a casserole that sometimes feels just 'right.'

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 pm 

When I can I like to make my own pasta, I do everything by hand except extruding the Linguine in this case. When I cook pasta for company I would never use packaged pasta and I am not sure why but the home made pasta sure taste better but cooks much faster than dry pasta.

This Chinese Fried Rice recipe I got from an old Chinese cook who has since died. The egg rolls I did get from him as well except I cheat a little but it doesn't affect the flavor or texture. Both were made with my Char siu, it is a little involved but it comes out exactly like a fine Chinese Restaurant. The recipe is on my website.

I tried for months to make the wonderful roasted potatoes at the Olive Garden. I finally figured out a trick that works for me, I doubt it is the method they use. I microwave the potatoes to soften them. Then pan fry in a fair amount of olive oil, add the onions and peppers and they are great.

I like those noodles that come with a lot of dishes at a Chinese restaurant, it turns out they are very easy to make. I got the noodles recipe from CI's pasta book, run it through the finest setting on my pasta machine and deep fry.

Beef, Brocolli and Cabbage stir fry, this is a mixture of recipes, of course the marinate for the steak is pretty important.

That should be enough, I don't always take pictures, all the digital photo stuff is upstairs and I don't venture up there very often

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 am 

I might be the only one here that cuts up a rack of lamb, but it was a weekday meal. I had bought two racks from Costco, stashed them in the basement fridge and "forgot" about them so I had to cook them mid-week. They were very good but are superior when bought, brought home and cooked within a day or two. Seasoned with thyme, marjoram, basil & salt.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:30 am 

Barry, the potatoes look wonderful. Think I'll give your method a try. Your pasta looks great, too. We make pasta frequently but only make enough for one meal. Things that go into the freezer here tend to stay in the freezer.
fitzie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17