Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trinadad, CO.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:41 pm 

Any suggestions for Trinadad Will be there next Thursday...& can you believe it!!!

I will be in lovely Parker, CO on Friday...I hear they are a friendly town :mrgreen: I hear the hotel staff is great there!! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Trinadad, CO.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:52 pm 

Trinidad? You've got to be kidding me...

If you're going to be in Parker, you might as well make the journey to Denver. Ilene would be the best to advise you...

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:58 pm 

Yea I figgered Wendys might be my best bet...(not the chili) I go to Parker Thursday evening after leaving Trinadad, might have time for a nice dinner, will fly out after lunch on Friday.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:01 pm 

If you can, you should arrange to meet Ilene for dinner in Denver. I know both of you, and I think you'd have fun together!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:04 pm 

Amy wrote:
If you can, you should arrange to meet Ilene for dinner in Denver. I know both of you, and I think you'd have fun together!

Amy

I would love to...I am traveling with two other men...sorry Ilene...they are all married!! :mrgreen: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:37 pm 

Frank
I don't know anything about food in Trinidad, but they probably have some decent restaurants. Until recently, it was the transgender surgery capital of the world. Apparently the original doc retired and his sucessor moved the clinic to Chicago.

While I would love to join you all for dinner on Friday (I think I can hold my own with 3 maried men), I have friends coming for dinner. But if you are free for lunch, I would consider driving to Parker to say hello (or meeting you somewhere else)
ilene

PS...let me know if you need restaurant suggestions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:22 pm 

gardnercook wrote:
Frank
I don't know anything about food in Trinidad, but they probably have some decent restaurants. Until recently, it was the transgender surgery capital of the world. Apparently the original doc retired and his sucessor moved the clinic to Chicago.

While I would love to join you all for dinner on Friday (I think I can hold my own with 3 maried men), I have friends coming for dinner. But if you are free for lunch, I would consider driving to Parker to say hello (or meeting you somewhere else)
ilene

PS...let me know if you need restaurant suggestions

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Well...at this time I see no remodeling in my future...if a knife is used I will be the one using it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My Denver / Parker schedule is up in the air right now...I got the call late Friday afternoon to be in Trinadad on Thurs & Parker on Friday, it was sheer luck that I had to be in Albuquerque on Tuesday so driving up to Trinadad on Wed. was not too big of a deal, still don't have my flight out of Denver booked Friday evening so uncertainty is king right now. Not reall sure when I will hit Parker Thursday evening but a Parker area dinner restaurant rec. would be greatly appreciated. There will probably be 5 or 6 of us to feed including the yet unknown locals. This will be a VERY quick trip, I will be back, perhaps we can meet up then, I still owe you for your help in San Antonio!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:42 pm 

I will ask around for recommendations for Parker dinner and look forward to meeting you on your next trip out this way. If your schedule opens up, just let me know.

As soon as I get a restaurant name, I will PM you

And you certainly don't owe me anything for help in San Antonio....it will just be fun to meet you in person
ilene

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:43 am 

Actually, Trinidad is a neat town (very pretty, Victorian & Spanish architecture, I think) that we discovered one late evening after a long drive. If memory serves correctly (how's that for a dated phrase) many of the streets downtown are brick, not pavement - a quite lovely effect. I don't remember the name of the specific hotel but the town hosts a blues festival in the late summer and this hotel was a focal point - their claim to fame being some decent but not spectacular Mexican fare (we were on a crawl to see how far north we could go and still get edible Mexican). Check out a AAA travel guide- alphabetically they put it right after some weird named place called Tel-yur-ride, or something like that :!: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:50 pm 

Downtown Trinidad is a National Historic District and full of victorian charm, as Wino alluded. here is the official tourism website http://www.treasuretrinidad.com. They list some funky restaurants including Green Chile Grill at JR's Fuel.
Can't find a Mexican Restaurant in a hotel, but that only means its not in the official listing

ilene