Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, cooking related presents?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:14 pm 

crystal wrote:
Ams,
So you got cooking related presence? Way cool! I'll bet it was a blast.

I received a new can opener, which I was thrilled about, and, follow the jump here, a Ruger .22 semi automatic pistol. :?

I got my bride an 11 million volt tazer. :mrgreen: That's definitely cooking related. :o

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:06 pm 

We did Christmas early with the Vitamix and FS and I think I have a Soda Stream waiting at home. Annie and Sam got me a Bodum knife block(red) and a molecular gastronomy kit with recipes, agar, xantham, syringe, etc. Also got a couple of large gift certificates for Amazon. And probably the best present from my son, he came up from Hermosa so will be home when we get back tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:59 am 

I wanted a tazer, but everyone says I should just get a gun. I want one pretty bad. I need to take a conceal carry class though. Although I can have it in my house or car without one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

So, someone wanna blog "cooking with your tazer"?

;-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:45 pm 

I received a gift certificate for a 4-month wine club membership! I'll be getting 2 wines a month, one white and one red.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:30 pm 

Amy wrote:
Josh,

...it was very hard work, but a lot of fun. Miss her already...

Amy

Ditto. Even though we worked from dawn until well after dusk, it was a great time. Amy crafted some spectacular menus, created a brilliant new vegetable terrine, and in general rocked the clients' world. I'm glad I was able to contribute. Love ya, Amy!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:31 pm 

Just got back from our fantastic, as always, trip to a very, very warm LA and was gifted a Comark Digital Thermometer and a boatload of Stevia packets. I have 2 surprise cookbooks still on the way (they were delayed in the UPS debacle) so more to come. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday - so far sounds like it was widespread joy!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:11 pm 

Da Bull Man wrote:
crystal wrote:
Ams,

I received a new can opener, which I was thrilled about, and, follow the jump here, a Ruger .22 semi automatic pistol. :?

I got my bride an 11 million volt tazer. :mrgreen: That's definitely cooking related. :o

I wanted a tazer, but everyone says I should just get a gun. I want one pretty bad. I need to take a conceal carry class though. Although I can have it in my house or car without one.

Wino, you are quick off the mark with the good jokes!

Frank,
Great minds and all, huh?
Greatly intrigued with your ingenious gift, I hopped over to the world of Bezos, where I reside more often than I should. LO and BEHOLD, that magical purveyor/slayer of Wally World and their evil minions, have, available for purchase, with free shipping, FLASHLIGHT TASERS :twisted: . So, there you go Becca. I'm still making up my mind which one will cook the crook fastest. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:44 pm 

I didn't receive anything cooking related this year. I did give my sister a subscription to the KAF rewards program.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:13 am 

crystal wrote:
Da Bull Man wrote:
crystal wrote:
Ams,

Wino, you are quick off the mark with the good jokes!

Frank,
Great minds and all, huh?
Greatly intrigued with your ingenious gift, I hopped over to the world of Bezos, where I reside more often than I should. LO and BEHOLD, that magical purveyor/slayer of Wally World and their evil minions, have, available for purchase, with free shipping, FLASHLIGHT TASERS :twisted: . So, there you go Becca. I'm still making up my mind which one will cook the crook fastest. :lol:

I never had a taser, but I really didn't like carrying a pistol when I had my cc permit. It didn't make me feel safer, mostly because I was paranoid about having a deadly weapon in my purse. It's a huge responsibility. I kept thinking of all the ways things could go wrong and there were plenty.

I guess it's either good luck, prudent planning, or my intimidating presence (lol) that I never needed a personal protection device when I had my cc permit. I understand those who want to carry, but just wanted to share how I felt when doing so.

Boy, if this isn't a cooking thread hijack, I don't know what is. :)

Back on topic: A friend got me a variety of cupcake papers for Christmas. Now that is someone who gets me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next