Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Easter
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

Amy,

OK, 11am. Can you bring the OJ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 pm 

On my list.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 am 

No one's mentioned the artichokes -- indispensable at Easter. Actually trying to devise an artichoke casserole for a friend whose mother can't chew well. Interesting challenge -- I have the basics, but need to punch it up a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:39 am 

Lindsay,

Artichokes and Easter? That's a new one for me, but most welcome! I love artichokes...

Do you have a copy of The Flavor Bible? There are so many great flavor combinations with artichokes that would work brilliantly with traditional Easter foods.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:36 am 

I think we're going to my sister's to celebrate with our parents, her MIL, SIL and kids and my brother's family (may or may not include his FIL as MIL is out of the country) or they are all coming to my place. Not sure yet. :shock: :roll:
Her MIL has a small lamb she's making, no idea what I need to make/bring but have been thinking of making that tuxedo cake that Becca posted picures of on f/b as it looked delish. there will be 22 of us, roundabouts.
Will make chocolate icecream for sure though.

My MIL cut us out of her life just before Christmas so we no longer need to try for two celebrations.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 pm 

jeanf wrote:
My MIL cut us out of her life just before Christmas so we no longer need to try for two celebrations.

Ouch.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:10 am 
Site Admin

Amy,

A non-observant Jewish friend of mine is threatening to make Mazoh Brei with bacon in it for Sunday.

Lindsay,

Oh, gosh, I need to do something with artichokes. We're having a lovely artichoke season in CA right now. And I've finally mastered cutting the heart out of an artichoke fairly efficiently.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:57 am 

Amy wrote:
jeanf wrote:

Ouch.

Amy

I know. She timed it well and managed to cast a gloom over 2 birthdays and Christmas. :( DH and I have moved to where we're okay with the situation, but our boys are just old enough to understand the situation, but young enough to be sad that Nana doesn't want to see them. Or call on their birthdays, etc. Thankfully I have enough family to make up for several sets of in-laws. :lol:

So far the menu is soup (probably italian wedding),lasagna, canneloni, potatoes, lamb, some other kind of meat, I'm going to make a spinach and red pepper gratin (epicurious) and the Tuxedo cake. Maybe an apple pie, we'll see. And caramel and chocolate covered pretzels for the kids who will surely be on a sugar high.

Lindsay - the cuisine at home recipe of the week is lamb with artichokes, Italian flavours. yum. Let me know if you want me to forward the recipe or post here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 pm 

Jean,

Who knows why some people behave the way they behave. But, when it's your own family, it sucks.

Simply be the wonderful person you are and your kids will learn the right lessons.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:52 pm 

We're going to our daughter and son in laws, but I'm taking a good deal of the food. SIL just got a job in a town 2 hrs away. They set him up in a new place last weekend. She is staying here for a couple months because of her job. So we are going to help get him settled. I'm taking a ham, deviled eggs, a banana cream pie, rolls, spinach dip and some homemade tortilla chips from a local restaurant. My daughter is doing a potato and veg. hopefully we can take time to set down and have a holiday dinner in the middle of painting and scrubbing cupboards!

Hope everyone has a blessed Easter. :D

Laurie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next