Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WS Reserve
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:48 am 

WS started a new program called Williams-Sonoma Reserve that allows you to pay $30 in order to get free shipping all year. Normally, I'd never go for something like this, but when I ordered my circulator (yes, I ordered my own Christmas gift), I needed to get it in a hurry. Long story short, I ended up saving about $150 by buying into this program.

Twice since then I've received emails offering me 10% off (in addition to my free shipping) anything in the store. I took them up on it the first time and ordered a panini press for my sister for Christmas. With the 10% off and free shipping it was the best deal around.

So, if anyone is in need of anything, let me know...I just got another email from them with the same 10% offer. It's good through Monday.

Amy

Post subject: Re: WS Reserve
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:25 am 

Just got another 10% off anything notice...sale ends Monday. Let me know if you need anything. It ships free.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:06 pm 

I'm such a sucker for a sale. Yeah, I know only 10% off, but with the free shipping it felt "okay to shop." Bough an iSi whip which I've wanted for a long time, and have gotten totally addicted to using at work.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:38 pm 

Gotta say, I'm a little ticked at WS.

I ordered an iSi Gourmet Whip Plus from them, and the other websites I checked out said this version of the product included ten cartridges and iSi's cookbook. I didn't much care about the book, but with ten cartridges and my WS 10% discount (along with free shipping) I got as part of this deal, it made the "plus" portion of the product slightly better priced than ordering a bare bones unit through any other source.

Today it arrived. No cartridges, no cookbook. I called them and they said that's all it comes with. When I explained they were $20 higher on the product than any other website, they said they don't price match. Really? You simply feel you can get away with charging $20 more than any other retailer?

I called back and got a supervisor on the phone. I'm now being credited $20 and they are sending me a box of cartridges.

WS is not my friend, although I'm happy they are making good on what is an obvious error.

Amy