Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Non Organic CSA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 pm 

S.E.N.D. R.A.I.N. H.E.R.E.

S.O.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:34 pm 

I ended up with about 25" in June, and now I started July with 1". I really wish I could send it out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:48 am 

It's raining here again and the temp this morning was only 60º.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:43 pm 

If you remember Michelle in Vermont who has a business making and selling kimchi -- she's put her operation on hiatus because of significant problems sourcing napa locally. The rain and heat have caused the summer crop to bolt and the winter crop earlier (not sure where she was getting that) was also poor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:20 am 

Things have been pretty good. I have had more than I can eat of Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Yellow Squash, Lemon Cucumbers. If I need Onions or Green Peppers, all I have to do is send an email. I would like to have more Beets and Carrots, but they didn't do very well this year because of the rain and weeds. The Corn isn't very good. The ears are small and tough. Two weeks ago my friend Susan and I went and picked a cooler full of Veges for her to use at the Assisted Living. I am getting a bushel of Tomatoes delivered today and I called her last night to come and take as many as she can use. I am also getting some Edamame. My only negative comment to him so far is Yellow Peppers. They pick them when they are still Green and they did not ripen on their own. They need to ripen on the plant. We will see what the cooler has for next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:29 pm 

4 watermelons, 6 Hubbard squash, 2 butter cup squash plus tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, onions, raspberries, beets, apples, pears, cilantro are what I have received in my last two orders. I gave the water melons and all but 3 of the squash to the Assisted living along with some tomatoes, onions and peppers. I am getting more than I can use right now so I don't want them to go to waste. I made some Pico de gallo the other day that was delicious. I'm not sure how much more to expect. I am really going to miss the tomatoes the most when the season is over.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 am 

I have had two deliveries recently which have included Watermelon, Squash, Tomatoes, Raspberries, Lettuce and Radishes. I just received the Lettuce yesterday. It's a Leaf Lettuce, but I'm not sure what variety but it's very nice. I emailed Farmer Jon, but I haven't heard back from him yet this morning about the Lettuce and Radishes. Of the 10 or so Watermelons that I have received, I finally kept one for myself. I gave one to my sister yesterday for her birthday and one to the neighbors. The one that I kept is excellent and I made a smoothie with some of it this morning. I am still waiting for eggs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 pm 

Sounds like you have been getting some good products. I have a problem using up the all the produce I buy at the store; heaven knows what would happen if I got stuff I wasn't even expecting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:04 pm 

The Assisted Living has been getting a lot of my shipments.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:46 pm 

talanhart wrote:
The Assisted Living has been getting a lot of my shipments.

That's really nice Todd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next