Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:38 pm 

We will be heading to Cleveland in January for a hockey tournament. (I know, I know, you are all jealous) Looking for family friendly (large groups) so we can get ahead of the other groups and book one team event, and any other helpful info. As God is my witness there will be at least one ladies' night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 pm 

Jean, my brother lives in Cleveland, I will ask him. I have been to some amazing restaurants there but can think of nothing that is good for a group. Maybe Buster and Dave's (or vice versa) which is nothing special food but has a great game arcade.

As to a ladies night, look into The Velvet Tango Room. Coolest bar ever. Everything is made on sight, including all the bitters and one wicked spiced rum.

How large is your group and where will you be staying?

Mary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:15 am 

Mary, we don't know the hotel yet as it's assigned by the tournament people once everyone is registered, but I'm sure it won't be downtown, typically they put us in outside the city locations near arenas. But we are wanting to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so something around there or generally good family places would be great. We have Dave and Busters here and steer clear normally as it costs a small fortune to eat there let alone what the kids (11-12 year olds) can rack up in game costs. There will be 17 kids on the team, plus at least one parent and potentially siblings. Guestimating around 45 people. The idea is to book a place ahead and have everyone pre-order individually a few day ahead, so the restaurant can staff accordingly and people aren't spending a ton of time looking at menus. Thanks for asking him and for the recommendation for the ladies night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 am 

I second the ladies night recommendation. VTR is one of my favorite places.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:07 am 

Darcie wrote:
I second the ladies night recommendation. VTR is one of my favorite places.

Right??? Not the cheapest but one drink will do you and worth the price. Try something with their spiced rum.

Mary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:15 am 

Okay, so we will be in Strongsville. Apparently our hotel shares a parking lot with the main arena but we are a good 1/2 hour outside downtown. So likely ladies night will be local and weather dependant and also looking for suggestions near the hotel for a team event as well.
We know we want to do R&R hall of fame and there's been some rumblings of driving to Columbus to see an NHL game (not for me, I only watch players I'm related to), I plan to go to Costco there at least once, it's only .23 miles from the hotel. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:14 pm 

Jean,
I just sent out a facebook note to all the people I know in Cleveland. I will let you know if they have any ideas for the ladies and the group.

Mary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:36 am 

No info for you so far, Jean. Sorry!

Mary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:21 pm 

Mary - no worries. We are going to do B-Spot (michael symon restaurant) on Saturday , Rock and Roll Hall of fame on Sunday and something spur of the moment on Sunday night. I'm going to scope out local stuff for the ladies when we are there on the Friday. It will be a fairly low key night since we need to be in an arena by 7:20 am the next day. :shock: We are hoping to play on Monday too, if not we may decide to leave Sunday night. All depends on the weather. ;-)
I just realized there is a Le Creuset outlet in Niagara Falls so plan to stop there on the way to Cleveland. ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:36 pm 

I have been to the B-Spot a couple times, very good burgers. If you go to the one at the mall in Woodmere, Penzey's is there too.

Have fun.

Mary