Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do you want to blog for EYB?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:07 am 

I'm giving everybody on this board a heads up that I've decided to stop blogging full time on the EYB Board and so they're looking for someone to take over. I'm going to post something on the EYB site later this week, but thought I'd give you guys a jump start if anyone's interested. Joe's retiring this year, so we want to have a lot more flexibility than we do currently and while this is a job that has some flexibility (computers do travel), it can be demanding. Briefly, I blog 6 times a week (everyday but Saturday) and also do the monthly newsletter. You can write about anything you like - there's no editorial interference - in the blogs. The newsletter is a joint production of Jane, Fiona, and me. You can write blogs in advance and schedule them, so there are ways around the system, but it's still requires a consistent output, with deadlines.

Besides obviously a desire to write about food, it helps to have some experience in posting entries in a CSS (backroom) system, although their system is quite easy to learn if you don't - Fiona, Jane's sister - was an early employee of Microsoft and understands computers very well. The newsletter is sent through MailChimp, which also has a pretty good system.

I'm leaving pay negotiation up to them - I didn't charge very much since a) I really like the site and want it to work, and b) Jane's a friend - but they at least do pay so it's reasonable pocket money, esp. since you can do it any time of the day. Physical location is no issue - we do all of our discussing in Skype (Jane is near Boston, but Fiona is in New Zealand). And other EYB people live all over.

If anyone is interested, rather than post a reply here, why don't you send me an email and I can answer any questions and forward your interest on. I'll probably post the EYB member-wide email on Thursday, so that will give you a couple of days to think about it.

Post subject: Re: Do you want to blog for EYB?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:44 am 
Site Admin

Lindsay,

I'd love to, but I can't imagine finding the time. I'd be up for writing the occasional guest article, but that's not what they really need.