Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cook's Illustrated Board closing.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:07 pm 

Well, I'm sad it's gone, and more sad how it went down, but happy to have our new home here. I would otherwise so miss you guys.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:16 pm 

Would it be too much to ask that CI somewhere on their site inform a $ub$criber that the BB is gone?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:57 pm 

Brien,

Apparently, yes it would.

Welcome to this board. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:18 pm 

I spent an hour or so of my life that I will never get back trying to find the BB and then to contact CI only to get Bot replies.

Thanks for the welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:35 am 

I too searched all over the CI site for info on the bulletin board. I found this board when I googled after finding zilch at CI.

I didn't post a lot over there, but I was a board member (as Remander) for a few years, and I am still a paid CI site member. They didn't care enough about me to even send me the email.

Their customer service and site admin people should be whipped. Not just for this, but all the problems you all are so familiar with.

Glad to have found you, and I look forward to participating. I started with a mushroom soup recipe post.

My next cooking adventure is a crawfish boil this afternoon. It's spring in Louisiana.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:12 am 

Welcome Chris. You'll find a great group of ex-CI folks here.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:11 am 

Chris wrote:

I didn't post a lot over there, but I was a board member (as Remander) for a few years, and I am still a paid CI site member. They didn't care enough about me to even send me the email.

Welcome Chris,

We have wonderful friends and memories from Louisiana and Texas. Frank does a wonderful crayfish boil and may come on with some ideas.

As a CI site member, you have a few options in sharing new recipe techniques that are revealed (and sometimes developed) by CI. Every magazine issue is made available on-line and each recipe has an explanation titled, "Why this recipe works". That information is valuable and it would be wonderful for you to share these insights.

We have a discussion in the Cooking/Recipe forum titled "Good Recipe Concepts from Cook's Illustrated Magazine". Here is the Link: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1982

Thanks for considering this idea,

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Chris wrote:
My next cooking adventure is a crawfish boil this afternoon. It's spring in Louisiana.

It's crawfish season?

The Fuzzy plans a trip to the Chinese fish market ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:50 pm 

Like Brien and Chris, I wasted a LOT of time trying to find the CIBB until Google sent me here and am not happy about the lack of an email or even a general site announcement for those of us who don't live on the BB. Being a paid member, I figure if they can keep sending me solicitations to buy cookbooks and the like, they could easily have sent me an email notification. :evil:

I was a member there, but did not post much. I've done lots of reading and TV watching (for years) to learn about cooking and baking, but I've limited actual experience so didn't feel like I had much to offer. Plus, frankly I didn't have a lot of time for the 'net (I have more now) so I was a sporadic visitor at best. I tended to lurk rather than post. Even so, I really enjoyed that I could search on almost anything and find something helpful from the members. I will try to be more helpful here.

Anyway, thanks to theFuzzy for the board. I didn't see an "introduce yourself" board but will wander over to the "about us" board to see if it's appropriate to introduce myself there.

M

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:54 pm 

Welcome, M! No need to be super knowledgeable. Some folks fall in that category and the rest of us pick their brains :D
Nancy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next