Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Android Apps
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:02 am 

Oh, I am with you there, Frank! My daughter (age 12) just got her first cellphone (without internet), and only because she actually needed one now that she spends time away from us, and while my son has a dsi, I am lucky that he rarely touches it. When he does he tends to play with the camera.

I would not abide those kids that walk around with their heads down and their thumbs moving all the time. (cough...my nephew).

My son occasionally spends too much time on Poptropica (a game website from the creator of Diary of a Wimpy kid), but he is actually turning into an avid reader like his mother. Thank goodness! His sister takes after her father though I am afraid...

We live in the country, so I just kick them outside a lot. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:09 am 

I'm using reverse psychology. After all, how fun can video games be if your mother spends 4 hours a day playing them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:12 am 

I (so far) resist the urge to pull their lil heads off when I speak to them and they look up with an "annoyed" ... "you're interupting me look"

But...another topic for another day I suppose...it just hit one of my buttons... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:21 am 

Today: Backbreaker Football. Another game. If I was interested in games, I would go for Basketball Shot, which is also free.

On another board, a question was posed: what do find nearly irresistable to do? A lot of the usual: getting out of your car a smacking someone who's honking at you; going to Niagara Falls/Grand Canyon and jumping etc. My "nearly irresistable" was seeing a jerkwad kid, in the presence of other humans, usually at a restaurant, sitting and talking, texting or playing a game, and not going over grabbing the cell phone and throwing it under a truck, or into a storm drain or a body of water. I won't actually do it, but I sure want to.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:29 am 

Another reason I don't have kids...once on a long flight there was an unaccompanied minor behind us (about 8 or 9 years old). He kept kicking the backs of our seats. I turned around once and asked him politely to stop. He didn't. I turned around again and asked where his parents were. He said they were not on the plane. I told him that if he didn't quit kicking the back of my seat I was going to beat his butt (or words to that effect). He said basically "you can't do that" to which I replied "who's going to stop me?" with a facial expression to match. He was quiet for the rest of the flight.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:23 pm 

Darcie,

Would you please tell your dam*** cats to stop texting me! :lol:

And no...I do not want to "friend" them on facebook...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:54 am 

PicSay Pro. It's really good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 am 

JesBelle wrote:
I'm using reverse psychology. After all, how fun can video games be if your mother spends 4 hours a day playing them?

I've been using that logic with facebook...it's mommy's toy. My oldest is the only one of his friends without a f/b profile. If he complains I offer to let him live with another family. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:33 pm 

Kacey doesn't get to have a FB yet either. I am getting some pressure from the grandparents about it though, they'd like to friend her. I am certainly not letting her lie about her age to get one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:14 pm 

My niece is on FB and she's the only friend I have who isn't allowed to read my posts. Not that I have much to say that's all that terrible, but I have been know to post some not-safe-for-young'uns videos like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next