Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Top Chef...Really not Happy!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:59 am 

I don't have expanded cable, so I don't get the Food Network, HGT and all the other cool channels to watch. I recently discovered that you can watch Top Chef and some other shows on a computer, so I have been watching this season of Top Chef. So far it's been fun to watch until the last episode which involved one chef supposedly stealing another chef's Pea Puree. The rest of the dialogue that followed this inicident felt so scripted and ridiculous. Does anybody else watch this show and feel the same way?

Post subject: Re: Top Chef...Really not Happy!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 pm 

Todd
I have been watching it regularly. I didn't feel as though the "pea puree" episode was scripted, but I was frusrated because I didn't feel as though it was dealt with (unless I missed it). Did he steal the pea puree and if not, where did the other one go? Using that pea puree gave him the win and there was no outrage from the guy who "lost" his puree. I can only surmise that it was dealt with off camera and the guy who lost his figured out what happened to it. Otherwise, he should have gone balllistic.
I will say that for the first time, I don't have a favorite that I am pulling for....it all seems very flat to me.
ilene

Post subject: Re: Top Chef...Really not Happy!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:12 pm 

I just read Colichio's blog and apparently, the judges were unaware of the possibility that the puree was not Alex's and he seemed miffed that the producers didn't mention it to them. Either way, without Ed having brought it to their attention, they could only judge on what they were served.