Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chocolate Quotes and Joke
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:59 am 

Chocolate causes certain endocrine glands to secrete hormones that affect your feelings and behavior by making you happy. Therefore, it counteracts depression, in turn reducing the stress of depression. Your stress-free life helps you maintain a youthful disposition, both physically and mentally. So, eat lots of chocolate! - Elaine Sherman, Book of Divine Indulgences

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already. - Dave Barry

Eating chocolate can have significant influences on mood, generally leading to an increase in pleasant feelings and a reduction in tension. - Peter Rogers, Ph.D., Institute of Food Research

When no one understands you, chocolate is there.

Hot fudge fills deep needs. - Susan Isaacs

Post subject: Re: Chocolate Quotes and Joke
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:10 pm 

Famous Chocolate and other Food Quotes
•Man cannot live on chocolate alone; but woman sure can.
•Among life's mysteries is how a 2 lb box of chocolate can make a woman gain 5 lbs.
•Forget love -- I'd rather fall in chocolate!!!
•Chocolate is nature’s way of making up for Mondays.
•Stress wouldn’t be so hard to take if it were chocolate covered.
•Eat a square meal a day - a box of chocolate.
•Other things are just food. But chocolate is chocolate.
•Chocolate causes certain endocrine glands to secrete hormones that affect your feelings and behavior by making you happy. Therefore, it counteracts depression, in turn reducing the stress of depression. Your stress-free life helps you maintain a youthful disposition, both physically and mentally. So, eat lots of chocolate.
•Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.
•A little too much chocolate is just about right.
•In the cookies of life, friends are the chocolate chips.
•There’s more to life than chocolate, but not right now.
•Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment.
•Nuts just take up space where chocolate ought to be.
•A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat. ~Old New York Proverb

•We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman

•As the days grow short, some faces grow long. But not mine. Every autumn, when the wind turns cold and darkness comes early, I am suddenly happy. It's time to start making soup again. ~Leslie Newman

•Food is not about impressing people. It's about making them feel comfortable. - Ina Garten, 'The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook'

•I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol - Steven Wright

•Work is the curse of the drinking classes - Oscar Wilde

•I went to a restaurant that serves ‘breakfast at any time.’ So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance. - Steven Wright

•I do wish we could chat longer, but… I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye.” – Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins), Silence of the Lambs

•An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough. – Stephen Colbert.

•The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it. - Laurence J. Peter

•Gluttony is a great fault; but we do not necessarily dislike a glutton. We only dislike the glutton when he becomes a gourmet--that is, we only dislike him when he not only wants the best for himself, but knows what is best for other people. - G.K. Chesterton

Nancy :P

Post subject: Re: Chocolate Quotes and Joke
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:22 pm 

Thanks, Livia and Nancy!! :lol: