Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drunken Bovine's Halloween non-cooking thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:10 pm 

I'm feeling rebellious.....(Thanks Frank and Wino)

So, what's everyone doing/making for Halloween? I may be mixing up "True Blood" (B positive) for DD's dorm bunch, plus other stuff.

How are you feeling Kathy? Glad you're up and around.......

Going to see Willie Nelson, and need food theme. Any ideas? John Fogerty was easy. Bob Dylan was impossible. Help me out, please.

Thanks to those of you who posted ideas for soft food for DD's surgery/dental things. Really, I needed a tranq gun. Jeeez, that wasn't fun!!!

What's everyone got for ringtones on their phone? DH's is "Down Under;" DS' is "Fortunate Son," DD's is "Young Girls just Want to Have fun." On DS's phone, our tone is the "doink doink" from Law & Order."

Post subject: Re: Drunken Bovine's Halloween non-cooking thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:21 pm 

I believe the proper food for for seeing Willie Nelson is brownies...very special brownies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:58 am 

:) I am doing well K, thanks for asking. I have finished PT as of yesterday, but will now do conditioning at the same facility. I had a CT scan earlier this week & the blood is almost all gone. Will have another in 4 weeks & expect to be released by my Dr at that time. I have been told that it takes 6 months to a year to get my strength back. I'm very lucky.

Normal ring tone.
Kathy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

KSS,

I don't know yet. The night before my sweetie and I are going out to our favorite French restaurant (Chapeau! in San Francisco, highly recommended), because Halloween 1991 was our first date (Harwood Halloween Party, Pomona College, Claremont, CA). 10/31 itself, I don't know. I figured I'd be dragged to a party by my DIckens Fair friends, but it's also possible that I'll be doing a server migration instead. :-(

Ah, owning a business. There are no "non-working hours".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 pm 

Thanks for asking K!

Halloween: hiding in the house with low lighting, porch lights off. Maybe we will play naked flashlight tag. :)

Ringtone: I have no idea how to download one, but I do need a new one as mine is grating as hell. Ugggh. I turn the volume down cause I can't stand most of the ready-loaded ringtones, then I miss calls. Oh well.

Willie Nelson / Brownies - that makes sense to me. Maybe chili without beans and Lone Star beer for starters.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:43 am 

A friend has an annual Halloween party and I will be there... still playing with costume ideas.

I also don't know how to download ring tones but my daughter has promised to help me out so I can have something hipper than standard issue.

I think a joint and a bag of Dortitos will get you down to the essential Willie Nelson.

Mary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:13 am 

Yes, of course! Brownies, with uh....vegetation. I would be up for it, but DH is pretty conservative. A sad story: for my dentist's 60th b'day (we're the same age, and take each other out to lunch - DH is always invited but declines - dentist is also my ICE date, in case DH refuses to go to a concert with me, as he did with Bob Dylan) so, for his b'day I got him a six pack of beer and four doobies, wrapped in papers that said "Happy Birthday." His staff - all under 30 - said "Aren't you two a little old for that!!!!! WTF???? Bein's that we went to school in the 60's. And all. Besides, it would be obvious going to a concert with cookie dough :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 am 

I do what I can... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:10 pm 

easy bake wrote:
Thanks for asking K!

Halloween: hiding in the house with low lighting, porch lights off. Maybe we will play naked flashlight tag. :)

Maybe chili without beans and Lone Star beer for starters.

:mrgreen:

Just caught this post...puts a whole new spin on "Trick or Treat"

Glad to see my chili influence "stuck" I still think of ya every time I use the measuing cup you gave me in San Antonio :)

Wino...your up...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:42 pm 

There is so much low hanging fruit here that I think I'll just continue enjoying my oxycontin and watch the flow. 8-)

However, it is tempting to steal from the SF opera thread and mix well but the thought of trying to keep juggling all those balls and the subsequent unleashed permutations becomes stupefying even to my great mind (i.e., a kneeling gay opera singer bagpiping in Austin while dodging buckshot on Hallowe'en???). Don't even get me started with the Parasite StormTroopers sampling Willie Nelson brownies in the dentist's office... OH MY!