Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kathy's been in the ICU
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:12 am 

Great to hear Kathy is doing better.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 am 

I am really glad to be home & sleeping in my own bed.

I am doing very well, but must have supervision cooking, going on the stairs & showering. :roll:

I start OT & PT (out patient) next week. Also get my staples taken out. I get tired easily.

Kris Fuzzy Thanks so much for the best cookies I have ever had. Please PM the recipe. The presentation was beautiful!

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Kathy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 pm 

Welcome home Kathy. No place like it. It is great to see you posting. I was worried about you. Hope you heal quickly. I am sure you will, you have a great nurse.

Mary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Kathy,

Those are actually the CI "brown butter" cookies, from the March 2007 issue. One of the few CI cookie recipes which Kris uses unaltered.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:48 pm 

So glad to see you are having a quick recovery, and are back home, Kathy! Sorry I haven't responded before (long work days and gardening have made me limit my computer time!), but I noticed on CI you are already making up a menu for this weekend, so this is a great sign. I hope your rehab goes without a hitch, and you are back to 100% in no time!

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:29 am 

Wow, Kathy, what a bummer! But it sure does sound like you are making all the right progress and I know you've got a real advocate there by your side in Pete. Those rehab hospitals are hell on wheels with the PT but they do a good job jump starting a person who needs it. My mom spent May in one for her broken hip... got lots of in home PT/OT too - hope you arrange for that, it really helps.

Sorry I haven't checked in sooner, been kind of a wild ride around here and I'm pretty much out of the CI forum habit so I keep forgetting to check in here instead. Have to work on that, otherwise all sorts of news I'm missing, like this.

I guess if you're cooking and planning for it, you're almost good to go! I will definitely keep good thoughts for your continued recovery.

Leena

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 am 

Kathy
Glad to learn that you are home and cooking again...

PT is great but the therapists are borderline sadists....I remember taking a pain pill (or at least some advil) about half an hour before each session, cause no doubt, just when you think you cannot stand another minute, the say, "just one more time, you can do it"

ilene

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:05 am 

Wow, I haven't checked in for a while.

Kathy, so sorry to hear of your health problems. I'm thinking of you and Pete, and hope by now, you are up and cooking. Take care of yourself! You too, Pete.

gail

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:32 pm 

On the way to visit the granddaughters today we stopped by the Italian Market in Philadelphia. We parked near Washington and 7th and walked 9th from Washington up to Christian and back down to Geno's at Passyunk (picking up a bunch of salted capers and anchovies at Claudio's and browsing at Fante's) and back to the car - a little less than a mile altogether. Kathy was walking a bit slower at the end but given that a couple of weeks ago they were quite pleased that she had walked more than 150 feet in PT the progress continues to be great.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:36 pm 

Yeah!
And PTs are mean because they want you to get better faster. Alas, that tends to mean showing you that you can do more than you thought you could.
So next week you begin training for the marathon?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next