Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'm Going to Basic Boot Camp
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:52 pm 

Laurie,
I think you would love it here. It is just amazing.
Dinner tonight was even better than last night. I forget what they called the first course. It was goat cheese, tomato on very thin pieces of toasted Italian bread. Next we had some freshly made pasta with eggplant in an awesome tomato sauce. We didn't have a salad, but a thin slice of an egg tart with Prosciutto and Melon and some arugula with a light vinaigrette. I had the Rabbit. It was served with potatoes with an excellent sauce of tomatoes and onion. For dessert, I had Zuchini cake with Hazlenut ice cream. I also got to taste the Chocolate Mousse, the Tiramisu and one other blueberry dessert. I forgot what it was called. It was very good. Patricia asked for the recipe and they brought it to her. That was very cool.

Until tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 am 

Congrats on your adventure Todd. Are there any photos posted anywhere?

eb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:05 pm 

Dinner at the E-Room is always a fun time. You get the fanciest chinaware and the real silver-you'd better believe it gets counted after every service!
Have one of the table-side presentations if they let you.
Glad you're having a good time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:30 pm 

I was having an amazing time until today. I won't go into all the details, but I am going to see the Director of the Food Enthusiasts Program tomorrow. My whole experience here was ruined today and I probably won't be finishing the next two days. I can't tell you all how upset I am about this. This was like a dream come true for me and now it's over. I am not embarrassed to say that I am writing this in tears.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:53 pm 

Shoot, I just saw your post for the first time. If you want to come up to Athens, NY on your way home we'll be there the eve of the 14th. Athens is just 1 hour north of the CIA on 9 and close to Exit 21B on the NYS Thruway. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you my address and directions, or you can use google maps. You can spend the night, the weekend, whatever you please. We have plenty of room. It's just going to be us (me and DH) and our 14 y/o cousin visiting from France. And the Wacky Raft race is on Sunday at 11am.

Hope you had a blast at Boot Camp - I'm so jealous!

Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:21 pm 

Do whatever you have to do to finish! Ain't no one shootin' at ya and whatever the results you will learn from it in how to not treat or to treat others down the road. The world is full of spilled milk and vanquished dreams. Whatever it takes, whoever is at fault, there is strength to be gained and knowledge that will prove invaluable later even if it does not seem so at the moment. Please reconsider!! There are a lot of people on here that are sending a lot of love and great wishes for you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:34 pm 

I'm so sorry to hear that you had something go so wrong. I'm by no means an unthinking supporter of the CIA and it's practices, but I'm still saddened when the school fails spectacularly.
Please don't just walk out-complain loud and long, but take the time to finish the class.
Unless you or someone else was put in danger by the chef.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:33 pm 

I wrote my response before I saw youir post about the bad experience. My ofer still stands for this weekend.
Nancy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:22 am 

Becky,
The CIA itself has been great. The problem is the three other ladies on my team. One is a Phillipino Dr, one is a Russian and the last one is from the Dominican Rebublic. The only foreigners in the class and they are all on my team and none of them understood that this is a Food Enthusiast Class.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:02 pm 

talanhart wrote:
Becky,
The CIA itself has been great. The problem is the three other ladies on my team. One is a Phillipino Dr, one is a Russian and the last one is from the Dominican Rebublic. The only foreigners in the class and they are all on my team and none of them understood that this is a Food Enthusiast Class.

is that code for "they think real chili has beans?" :shock:

I too would be upset...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next