Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Food waste digester
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:10 am 

Food waste digester is a scalable option which on an average digests up to 180 kg of organic food waste and turns it. These digesters dehydrate food waste in hours, thereby reducing the volume. This reduction is an impressive 90%, leaving only 10% original mass. This will spare you landfill charges for food waste. The Food waste Reduction measures also include prevention, reduction, and reuse. Yes, I mean it. Avoid unnecessary production, stick to an optimum level and reuse as much as possible. Though not all, almost all commercial junk removal services take almost all kinds of wastes. But the smartest option is to reduce the amount of waste.
Shop smart and realistically, and don’t over-serve. Store food in the appropriate place to be served later. Another good choice is to donate to food banks and farms.
They help with no solids to manage, food waste digested to wastewater, less food waste to landfill, fewer trucks speeding past our roads, less expense, and labor, reclaim water from food waste, above all environment-friendly.
The most attractive feature about these is that they are safe for drains and sewers.

Post subject: Re: Food waste digester
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:29 am 

I don't think I'll be adding garbage to my dehydrator. I'll stick with composting.

Post subject: Re: Food waste digester
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:13 am 

They installed one of these at Beloit College, it really cut down on overall waste.