Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sears strikes again.....
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:20 pm 

I remember why I hate Sears: after sitting here all day waiting for a simple annual maintenance on my D/W, I got a robo-call at 4:40 pm saying I needed to reschedule.......GRRRRRR!

Post subject: Re: Sears strikes again.....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:33 am 

I wasn't too impressed with Sears either when I called them yesterday. I called for a part for my air cleaner and the guy on the phone told me "if it's not on the website, we don't have it". I'm thinking the correct response should have been, "let me look into it and see if we can get that part for you". Wishful thinking on my part.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:18 pm 

I called Sears on a Monday about working on my refrigerator, which I bought from them. The best the foreign operator could do was send someone out on Thursday. I hung up and called a local repair place, which came out right away and saved my food from spoiling.

I have had good luck buying appliance parts off of ebay. Two door handles (they are fragile) for my GE microwave were about $20 each, when GE wanted over $60.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:40 pm 

I have recently used twitter on a couple of occasions when I was receiving substandard customer service. One was a GE repair call for which I was getting the runaround on their regular service scheduler number. I very politely tweeted my disappointment to GE's huge number of followers, and within a matter in minutes I had a message from one of their social media representatives ready to help me. My service issue was resolved immediately. In another case I tweeted Comcast and again, my issue was resolved very quickly. Grrrrr, why can't these companies handle calls to their regular 800 numbers like this?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:00 pm 

trinket wrote:
Grrrrr, why can't these companies handle calls to their regular 800 numbers like this?

Because Trink, as you and I both know...tweets are public, 800 calls are not. In this day and age, unfortunately you need to call it out in social media to get attention.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:47 am 

Also, they pay their first level support staff WAY less than their Office of the President (where the social media people most likely reside) and very likely outsource the first level of support anyway, who are tied to scripts. I've socumented process flows ad infinitum for call centres most of my career, and it's rare that I don't think that the flow is designed for the call centres cost reduction versus increase of customer satisfaction.

I don't use social media, but routinely will ask for the OOP if I feel I'm not getting adequate service. Sears replaced my washer after several cancelled calls the the OOP scheduled.
I now use a local service technician who was with Sears for years, he comes within a day of being called and remembers me even after months of not hearing from me.