Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Magnum Ice Cream Bars
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:53 pm 

Well now I will have to try both Dove and Magnum when I go to the States and I had better, just to make sure, have a Magnum again before I leave here. Oh the pains I will go through for you people! :lol:

Mary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:51 pm 

LOL!!!

I'd be curious to see if the Magnum bars made here in the U.S. are different from the ones made in Europe. Many times that's the case. For example, I've tried Lindt chocolate bars in Switzerland, then tried the same ones in the U.S., and they were inferior. Lots of other examples, too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:53 am 

I know, I was embarrassed that I had brought the Lindor balls to the US and then saw them all over the place but then tasted one... a world of difference. I found they were made in the US to suit American tastes. What I find interesting is how orange soda varies from country to country. So far my favorite is Italian orange soda.

Mary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:59 am 

merstar wrote:
LOL!!!

I'd be curious to see if the Magnum bars made here in the U.S. are different from the ones made in Europe. Many times that's the case. For example, I've tried Lindt chocolate bars in Switzerland, then tried the same ones in the U.S., and they were inferior. Lots of other examples, too.

cough cough Cadbury cough cough

I dream a dream of home...Where there’s coffee on the table...And kindness in your hand- Lyle Lovett

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:38 pm 

marygott wrote:
I know, I was embarrassed that I had brought the Lindor balls to the US and then saw them all over the place but then tasted one... a world of difference. I found they were made in the US to suit American tastes. What I find interesting is how orange soda varies from country to country. So far my favorite is Italian orange soda.

Mary

And, needless to say, that doesn't say much for the typical American taste!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:39 pm 

javafiend wrote:
merstar wrote:
LOL!!!

cough cough Cadbury cough cough

Yep, that's another one. There's a whole long list!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:26 pm 

I bought a box of the Magnum Double Caramel bars and I would like to say that I'm ashamed that I ate three before I got home..............but I'm not ashamed one darn bit, and I thought they were fantastic. I have been away from good ice cream lateley though, so maybe my taste buds were deprived. I'll go along with Mary and do the Dove Bars next.......

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 pm 

Jaxallie wrote:
I bought a box of the Magnum Double Caramel bars and I would like to say that I'm ashamed that I ate three before I got home..............but I'm not ashamed one darn bit, and I thought they were fantastic. I have been away from good ice cream lateley though, so maybe my taste buds were deprived. I'll go along with Mary and do the Dove Bars next.......

Glad you liked them!
The problem is you really can't do a comparison, since the Dove Bars don't have a caramel concoction as far as I know. The ones I compared were both identical, ie, dark chocolate with plain vanilla ice cream. A lot of people agree with you about the Magnum caramel ones, which are made with milk chocolate, and they seem to be the most popular, but very few people have rated the dark chocolate ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:07 am 

Well, I'm in....I'll go get some of the dark chocolate ones today. It's supposed to be 93 degrees here... :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:46 pm 

Jaxallie wrote:
Well, I'm in....I'll go get some of the dark chocolate ones today. It's supposed to be 93 degrees here... :cry:

Yeah, doesn't this weather suck??? I can't stand it - the humidity is a killer.