Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: New coffee maker
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:02 pm 

I'm reasonably picky about coffee, and tasted from several and found nespresso to be the best tasting for espresso, specifically. Which pod you use matters a lot, though. And, of course, the nespresso only makes espresso (or, I suppose, a nespresso based drink). I ended up buying one for work, when making coffee and bringing it was getting difficult (infants sure wreak havoc on mornings!).

I visited family for a week a while back and they had a coffee room (long story, but one is a pastor so they professionally entertain, basically) with 3 different kind of pod machines. The K cups were our favourite of those and a life saver with the baby not taking the change in locale well. Still would have liked to have my nespresso, though :)

The biggest weirdness of nespresso is you have to buy the pods from them.

Mind you, if espresso isn't your thing, ignore :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:28 pm 

We bought a Keurig last year, at Rod's insistence. I really like the ease, and no mess factor. It also works great because he doesn't like his coffee as strong as Harrison and I do. The kids really like being able to make their own tea or hot chocolate(I buy those tiny dehydrated marshmallows for them, so it's pretty mess free). I do feel guilty about the pods, I've got the reusable pod, but I don't like it, it just doesn't make a very good cup, probably user error.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:14 pm 

Paul, I'm considering the nespresso for my parents. They mainly drink espresso and although they have (like me) 6 stovetop mokas of various sizes I think this would be way more convenient (and somewhat safer as they are getting older) Glad to know it makes a good cup.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:05 pm 

I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond today (new here in town) and they were selling pods that they were advertising as being compatible with the nespresso machine. They sell online too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:07 am 

crystal wrote:
We bought a Keurig last year, at Rod's insistence. I really like the ease, and no mess factor. It also works great because he doesn't like his coffee as strong as Harrison and I do. The kids really like being able to make their own tea or hot chocolate(I buy those tiny dehydrated marshmallows for them, so it's pretty mess free). I do feel guilty about the pods, I've got the reusable pod, but I don't like it, it just doesn't make a very good cup, probably user error.

Harrison's drinking coffee?! But, but, he's just a little tyke (in my memory anyway). Man, they grow up fast.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:24 am 

Hey, even my friend's 2 1/2 year old drinks coffee. He loves it, but for obvious reasons he's kept to a couple of sips.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:23 am 

Darcie,
He's sixteen now, and driving! It just goes really fast :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:54 pm 

A store here had the Nespresso Citiz and Milk for $199 on Saturday only, so we treated ourselves. I also bought the Keurig for my parents but we'll see if they actually use it or whether it will be going back to the store.
We're going to unpack ours next week, need to figure out what pods to get. There are a few stores that sell the pods locally as well but if they are much cheaper on-line I'll be going that route once we decide on a favourite.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:04 pm 

Update on the nespresso - we are in love. Although all my reports I had that the coffee was available locally were wrong and we had to order online. I ordered with a friend so as to not pay shipping.
The Keurig is going back (actually it's going to my Hamilton office for my people there as we bought one for the office I'm in and wanted to be fair) as my parents didn't want it. I've had a couple of coffees from the one in our office and they are pretty decent, much better than the coffee in our cafeteria at least. Everyone just has to bring their own pods in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:01 am 

My friend Mark has two of these. One here and one in Florida. He loves these machines.

Jura

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next