Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: New coffee maker
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:02 pm 

I got him these. He had some TJ's Five Country Organic Espresso blend and he's been trying to get the grind right. The first was too thick, the second too thin. Haven't tried a third yet. I have a Pilon brick in the freezer, so that might be just right.

I am loving the Nespresso ones. Love the Ciocattino and the Vanilla. Did second run on both, and while not as strong, it was still satisfying. Having found one I really disliked, thought the Dulsao and Rosabaya were a little weak for my taste.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:48 am 

I lean towards the darker/stronger ones as well. I think the Dharkan is my favourite.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:55 pm 

I think it will end up being one of mine as well. We got the mind reader drawer today, so ready for the next order. I am experimenting with using the more intense regular ones as lungos for cafe con leche since I large big cups.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:15 pm 

My husband ordered the Outpresso [click], so we are now using that to deal with leftover pods. One press and the grounds come out and the aluminum gets a quick rise and goes into the recycle bin so we aren't storing them until we can get to a Sur La Table any more. It works quite well, and I recommend it.

--Lisa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:44 pm 

Thanks Lisa. I called to place my order and the lady offered me a prepaid UPS bag to sent the stuff back. They pick it up at the door. Holds up to 200 pods. I figure I can hang it in the garage until ready to send back. They use the coffee for fertilizer or something like that.

I am thinking DH might want it for the compost, so your device might be better. Thanks for the post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:51 pm 

FYI, the Essenza model (here http://costcocouple.com/nespresso-essen ... sso-maker/) was on clearance at Costco in Boston this week for 59.97. I was tempted to buy one for the office but decided against it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:44 am 

Got some new empty capsules for the Nespresso and filled them with Pilon. They worked really well. Before, we could not get the grind right, but the Pilon grind is perfect. Pilon is stronger than the Nespresso capsules, but that works well for me. Anyway the new ones I used are the CM capsules, super easy to fill and seal. They say they can be reused up to 20 times, though the first use does put holes in the bottom.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:57 am 

Alina,

I have been using the disposable ones you recommended for decaf Pilon and it is working quite well.

--Lisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:56 am 

We found this brand a local store: http://markcol.com/product-category/nes ... e-noir-xo/

The ristretto is very good. I also bought a couple of boxes of Gimoka (http://markcol.com/product-category/nes ... es/gimoka/) to try. They are only marginally cheaper than the nespresso post at $6 for 10 instead of $6.80 but the convenience factor is huge.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:05 pm 

Lisa, the Pilon I used was frozen unopened for quite a while and it was still great. I have 6 small vacuum packed decaf Pilon's in my freezer. Glad to know those work as well. I used to mix it half and half with the regular. I really love the Pilon mixed with the Nespresso caramel or vanilla for my cafe con leche. I ordered some Monin caramel with my last Cola order, so I will be trying that instead of using a Nespresso capsule.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next