Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: W-S Goldtouch 3/4 sheet pan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:33 pm 

Although I've been a fan of the Goldtouch line for years and have quite a number of pieces, one thing that hadn't interested me was the cookie sheets/sheet pans with the textured bottom. For one thing, I've always loved my Vollrath sheets, plus I always thought a textured bottom was kind of weird/unnecessary.

But I saw a mention on a blog a while back about how those GT sheets are amazing for baking macaron shells, plus I've wanted bigger sheet pans for ages. I have some from the restaurant supply store for when I do decorated cookies, but they definitely aren't heavy-duty. Then when I was at the W-S Outlet in Leesburg (a.k.a. heaven) several weeks ago, I saw that they had Goldtouch 3/4 sheet pans with that bottom. As luck would have it, they were 50% off so I nabbed several of them for $18 each. And wow, are they ever awesome. First of all, no parchment is needed. Seriously! I've made several types of cookies on them and not only do they come away cleanly, the pan is so easy to clean that I just wipe it off with a paper towel and put it away. Not even any soap and water and that's after fairly gooey chocolate chip cookies today. Plus, the bottom of the cookies develop a crisp but not burnt or hard exterior. As of this point they are definitely my go-to sheets, except when I don't want to have to handle a bigger sheet for a small job.

Anyway, here's the link (though not the outlet) fwiw:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/williams-sonoma-goldtouch-three-quarter-sheet-pan/?pkey=e%7CGold%2Btouch%2Bthree%2Bquarter%7C1%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules

Emilie

Post subject: Re: W-S Goldtouch 3/4 sheet pan
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:46 am 

Emilie,
Over time, since WS came out with Gold Touch, I've replaced all my bakeware.
I absolutely love it. I never have to grease my pans, ever.
And my bread pans, that have seen really heavy use, still look like new.
The pans you mention sound very interesting!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:51 pm 

I really want one of those pans. However, I just bought new half sheet pans and have no place to put new ones. The cookies sheets I use have only 2 sides and work really well and I have enough parchment to last me till I stop baking. Don't enable please.

I recently bought my first goldtouch, a 9" X 13" to bake some rolls. I've always used Pyrex for brownies etc. but this recipe specifically called for a metal pan. I greased it and it worked (rolls were meh, Hawaiian, from KAF, not soft and fluffy like King's)

I might consider replacing my bread pans. The ones I have are the old Baker's Secret CI recommended years back and they work ok, but need to be greased. Are you guys saying the Goldtouch would not need to be greased for bread? I've been eying their French Bread pan since I don't own one.

The no grease no parchment is really attractive. My daughter is turning 40 Tuesday. She is an avid baker and I just saw this offer [url=http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/usa-pan-goldtouch-nonstick-4-piece-bakeware-set/?pkey=e|goldtouch%2Bpan|24|best|0|1|24||24&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules] Goldtouch® Nonstick 4-Piece Bakeware Set [/iurl] which seems a great deal. Any thoughts? Yes you can enable here ;)TIA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

FWIW, my sweetie bought the Goldtouch madeleine pan, and it works better than other nonstick madeleine pans she's used.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:29 am 

Well I ordered the set for my daughter and the french bread and 1.5 lbs bread pans for me. I was afraid I'd miss the FREESHIP offer if I waited. I'll report when I use them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:40 pm 

I hate to tell you, Alina, but where there's a will, there's a way when it comes to storage of more sheet pans. And parchment has many other uses... ;)

Your daughter will actually probably be the one to enable you once she gets the lovely gift!

Emilie

p.s. I always lightly mist my GT pans with KAF EverBake spray when I'm making bread and rolls, just to be on the safe side. But my guess is they could do without it and be just fine.

Last edited by Emilie on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:45 pm 

TheFuzzy wrote:
FWIW, my sweetie bought the Goldtouch madeleine pan, and it works better than other nonstick madeleine pans she's used.
Josh, do you guys ever have leftover madeleines since it's just the two of you? I have the pans (not GT though) but have never made them because every recipe always says they should be eaten the same day they're made, and I just can't seem to get over that hump. Madeleine. Hump. :lol:

Emilie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:54 am 

Alina,
I never have to grease my GoldTouch pans, ever, which is so nice especially for the bread pans. They just need a quick swish through soapy water and they're ready for use again.