Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Large Stand Mixer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:11 am 

I agree the sideswipe is a pita to clean with any utensil. I have found that clean fingers, do an excellent job. I use my hands to clean it and then get to lick my fingers when done, win-win ( I love raw cookie batter). I recently got a spatula that has slits (reminds me of what you use to clean venetian blinds), but it does not really help. It is very sturdy though, so I've used to mix heavy batters and it does a great job there. I'm sure it will work great with the whip.

Post subject: Re: Large Stand Mixer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:24 am 

I made 2 batches of bread today in my new mixer. The first Baker's Grain Sourdough bread used a little under 4 cups of flour. It was a breeze, though I ended up having to add extra flour. In refrigerator no in covered baker for second rise. Not very hopeful because I did my own seed mix and could not get them ground to my liking. Will be baking it later today.

The second batch used about 8 cups of flour. I could not tell the difference between this one and the first, it was that smooth. I am try a version of sourdough wheat artisan in five. It's on the counter now waiting to deflate so I can put it in the fridge. I combined two recipes, so I hope I got the hydration right. Artisan in Five is pretty forgiving, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I plan to do the first loaf in the covered baker as well to see if I can get a better sandwich shape that the DO.

I adjusted to the bowl lift faster than I thought I would and I love the heftiness of the dough hook.