Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dinnerware
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:43 am 

Amy - some day she & I are gonna roll on thru your village and have a meat & greet; then you can say thnx!! Glad to help :!: :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:46 pm 

I bought new dishes last week too....these from Kohls. http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landing ... re+Set.jsp

They were very reasonable, $100 for 16 place setting as they were on half off. So far I really like them, the bowls are a bit shallow for cereal but I have 12 Ikea bowls that work for that, and I like that the set didn't have cups and saucers but rather came with mugs, which makes way more sense for us.
It's nice to have enough plates when we have people over without having to pull ones out of the dishwasher.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:48 pm 

I went to replace some broken dinnerware and World Market isn't carrying most of them anymore :x !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:27 am 

I hate when that happens. I bought a dozen coffee mugs at Dillards that were supposed to be in stock FOREVER!. My grandson carried a tray of 6 mugs out to the patio for me. En route he tripped over the door sill and the mugs went flying. No problem I thought - I can go to Dillards and replace them. Not so. They don't carry them anymore and the dimwits at the store had never heard of them. And this was only a couple of months after I bought them. I tried everywhere I could think to find them No luck
fitzie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:40 am 

Ditto Jesbelle and Fitzie. My everyday (Mikasa) were discontinued right after we bought them. I had 16 place settings, but after 18 years only have 10 dinner plates and 8 bread plates and probably 12 bowls. And of course I have all 16 cups and saucers. :shock: Replacements.com has them, but not at a price I'm willing to pay.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:43 am 

EBay is a good reasonable source for replacement pieces, My bride has bought crystal stemware & china for much less than we paid for original pieces.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:59 am 

Jean, I hear that cups & saucers are on their way back replacing mugs. I'd like that as I have several sets of cups & saucers that are taking up valuable cabinet space.
fitzie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 pm 

Friank, I tried ebay for about a year, even had it set up to alert me if any were posted, but....nada. Hmmm, maybe I should sell mine on ebay? right now they are all boxed up but I don't really feel like storing them. Then again, I know nothing about selling on ebay. :lol:
Fitzie, I never use cups and saucers unless I'm using my good china. So I was thrilled to find a set that didn't include them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:00 pm 

I don't either but I was reading an article in a magazine the other day that said we were going to revert to the more formal "tea" look because nobody has any money to go out with so we're going to really glam up our table settings. ???
fitzie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:23 pm 

I finally sold my mikasa dishes. It more than paid for the new dishes (I bought another box of 8 since the new ones I bought were discontinued a WEEK after I bought them) and assorted serving ware. I now have 24 place settings, which hopefully should last until my boys move out....at which point I will give them each half and buy new again. ;-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next