Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Measuring Spoons and Cups
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:31 am 

I was browsing a link at Sonoma and they were featuring some AC measuring spoons (which looked good initially) and cups (which did not). I have some plastic measuring spoons I've come to admire for their long narrow design, which makes it much easier to extract powders from various spice jars. I would prefer them in metal and I like them to be even or flat, as most measuring spoons are.

Sadly that is not the case with many/most measuring cups, where the handles are an addition and one that is not level with the top of the cup. Not horrible, mind you, but annoying. A handle perfectly even with or even integral to the cup is preferred, since it makes leveling much easier.

Does anyone have recommendations on these?

Note/Update: Got off my lazy whatever and did a search on google, found these cusinpro measuring spoons which look exactly like my plastic ones but made of substantial metal. The measuring cups feature an interesting but less necessary oval design, and are sadly diminished by the flawed handles which are not even to the lip of the cup (so you could easily level what ever you are measuring).

Ancient Amerikano Adventuring Abroad: another fat guy up a mountain in the Philippines