Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Italian bread recipe?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:44 am 

[quote="jeanf"]Not a recipe, but at my Costco I can buy the bread they bake on site, it's par-baked and available from the bakery staff at anywhere from 40-70% less than the baked ones.quote]

Jean, that's a terrific idea. I do have a large freezer and I'll be going to Costco later this week so I can ask if they do that here.
How many loaves are in a box?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:44 am 

Linda wrote:
Jean, that's a terrific idea. I do have a large freezer and I'll be going to Costco later this week so I can ask if they do that here.
How many loaves are in a box?

Not sure how they sell in the US but here they sell the Aristan Baguettes for $24 for 20. Compare that to around $5 for 2 baked. The bags they put them in in store are included in the box, which is handy. And the baguettes are in a sturdy bag so it's easier to fit into the freezer.
They also sell 14 cheesecakes frozen in a box as well as the bagels and croissants they sell. In our Costcos there is a picture of whatever bakery item is available in bulk above the area where you can pick up the ready made slab cakes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:56 pm 

jeanf wrote:
Not sure how they sell in the US but here they sell the Aristan Baguettes for $24 for 20. Compare that to around $5 for 2 baked. The bags they put them in in store are included in the box, which is handy. And the baguettes are in a sturdy bag so it's easier to fit into the freezer.
They also sell 14 cheesecakes frozen in a box as well as the bagels and croissants they sell. In our Costcos there is a picture of whatever bakery item is available in bulk above the area where you can pick up the ready made slab cakes.

Our Costco quit carrying the baguettes. I quit Costco. (Well, not just for that reason, but it made it easier.)