Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tried and true IP/Pressure Cooker Recipes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:42 am 

Refrigerator pickled beets
Posted by Linda on cookaholics board

3 lbs whole beets

Pressure cook the beets for 15 mins. and then peel and place in four quart jars. Add the brine:

2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 cups water
2 cups granulated sugar
3 or 4 garlic cloves, sliced in half
(this amount of brine was exactly enough for my four quart jars.)

After two weeks I tasted these and they are wonderful! Every bit as good as any pickled beet I've ever had.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 am 

HOPPIN' JOHN
Posted by Linda on the Cookaholics board

Hoppin' John is a distinctively Southern dish of black-eyed peas and rice, cooked up with lots of bacon or ham. Legend has it that it brings good luck if eaten on New Year's Day. And because it is so closely aligned with that particular holiday, it has also come to be regarded as a cure for hangovers. Here, the same ingredients are simmered into an immensely satisfying soup, good enough to cure whatever ails you. The good luck is the pressure cooker. It cooks the black-eyed peas in a wink.

Bacon is used because it happens to be the most convenient of many different options. Diced country ham can be used in its place, as can tasso (a highly seasoned Cajun smoked ham) or andouille sausage, typical Louisiana ingredients.

1/2 cup Black-eyed peas
1 medium onion, about 4 ounces
2 medium ribs celery
4 to 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces (or Andouille sausage)
¼ cup long grain rice
4 cups chicken stock or broth
½ tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
dash red pepper sauce
1 cup peeled, seeded, and diced tomatoes (use fresh or well-drained canned.)
1 small jalapeno or serrano pepper, minced
¼ cup minced cilantro leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Soak the peas as directed (see Index). Drain well.

Dice the onion and celery. Brown the bacon in the pressure cooker. Remove it with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from the pan. Add the onion and celery and cook over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.

Add the soaked peas, rice, stock or broth, thyme, cayenne and pepper sauce. Cover pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure. Reduce heat to stabilize and cook for 8 minutes. Release pressure. Add the tomatoes, as much of the pepper as needed, he cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat briefly, if necessary, and serve with the bacon crumbled over the top.

Yield: 5 cups

Author: Janet Dailey
Source: The New Pressure Cooker Cookbook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:44 am 

HAWAIIAN-STYLE BRAISED PORK
Alina's pressure cooker adaptation
Servings: 5-6

Adaptation to the pressure cooker worked very well. I buy the boneless spareribs at Costco, divide them for 2 meals when I get home, trim them and cut them per the recipes, food saver them and freeze them ready to go. I used TJ's Sunflower oil as my oil and Kirkland broth. You can do all the chopping by hand, I'm lazy.

Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour

4½ lbs. boneless country-style pork spareribs
4 TBS. vegetable oil
8 garlic cloves, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
2½ TBS. chopped peeled fresh ginger
1¾ cups low-salt chicken broth, divided
½ cup soy sauce
1½ TBS. dark brown sugar
¼ tsp. dried crushed red pepper
¼ tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
2 TBS. cornstarch

Trim and cut spareribs into 1½" cubes. Peel ginger and garlic rough chop. Trim and chop green onions. Put in mini-processor and pulse until finely chopped.

Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Turn cooker on to Sauté, when hot add ¼ of the oil and ¼ of the pork. Sauté until brown, about 4 minutes; transfer to bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and pork. Add garlic, green onions, and ginger to pot; sauté 1 minute. Add 1½ cups broth, soy sauce, sugar, crushed red pepper, and five-spice powder, and seared meat with its juice; bring to boil. Place cover on cooker and turn seal to closed. Press cancel and then press manual, set Pressure to high, and time to 20 minutes. Let pressure reduce on its own for 10 minutes, then move steam valve to open and wait until pressure indicator is down and no steam is coming out of valve. Open cooker and stir.

Press cancel and press Sauté. Mix reserved ¼ cup stock with cornstarch. Open cooker and add cornstarch sluryy. Simmer until gravy thickens, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Adjust seasoning if desired. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly and chill. Rewarm over low heat.) Serve pork with Stir-Fried Cabbage.

Recipe Type: ALINA'S ADAPTATION, BEST, Bon Appetit, Fresh Ginger, Main Dish, Meat, Pork, Pressure Cooker, Printed, Scallions

Source: Bon Appétit | April 2002

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:50 am 

I made this the other day and it was delicious! It's the one I posted on the FB page. I omitted the bacon when I made it just because I didn't have any, and it was still awesome.

Bone-In Beef Short Ribs
http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com

Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients
4 large beef short ribs (about 1 lb. each)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 slices bacon, finely chopped
1 large onion finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1/2 cup dry red wine (such as a zinfandel)
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon cornstarch (can use 1 tbsp Robin Hood easy blend flour/Wondra instead)
1 tablespoon water

My add-ins: dried thyme (about 1 tsp), 1 bay leaf, beef bovril (liquid beef base) to taste to finish.

Directions
Season ribs generously with salt and pepper. Add oil to the pressure cooking pot, select Sauté (Browning on IP). When oil is hot, brown the ribs in small batches, do not crowd. Remove to a plate.

Add bacon to pressure cooking pot and cook until brown and crisp. Add onion to pressure cooking pot and sauté until tender about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute more.

Add the red wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits stuck on the bottom of the pot. (Carey's note: allow to reduce slightly to remove some of the raw alcohol taste). Add beef broth, tomato paste, and ribs to pressure cooking pot, cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and 40 minutes cook time*. When it beeps do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure. (I did NPR for 20 minutes then QR).

With tongs, remove ribs to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Use a fat separator and a mesh strainer to separate the fat from the juices (or just use an OXO fat separator with the built in strainer top). Return juices to the cooking pot.

In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Add to juices in the cooking pot. Select Sauté and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until juices thicken. Turn pressure cooker off. (Carey's note: I used 1 tbsp Robin Hood easy blend flour, which is the Canadian equivalent to Wondra instead of cornstarch).

Add ribs and stir to coat with the sauce. Put the lid back on the pressure cooker and let the ribs absorb some of the sauce for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally if sauce is still bubbling.

Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.

Last edited by cmd2012 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:56 am 

Pressure-Cooker Asian-Style Boneless Beef Short Ribs
Cooks Illustrated (with Carey’s edits)
PUBLISHED JANUARY 2013

One of the keys to pressure-cooker success is using enough moisture to cook the food through and keep the pan from scorching but also to provide good flavor that isn’t too diluted. We decided an Asian-style sauce made with hoisin, soy sauce, and sherry would do a good job of accomplishing both goals for our boneless beef short ribs. After 30 minutes under pressure, the meat was cooked through and had released its juices into the sauce.

INGREDIENTS

1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil (can substitute with sesame oil)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1(2-inch) piece ginger, peeled, sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds, and smashed (or 1 - 2 tsps jarred ginger purée)
½ cup Hoisin Sauce
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Dry Sherry (substitute 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar)
4 scallions, white parts chopped coarse, green parts sliced thin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (substitute with a good squirt Siracha)
6 (8-ounce) boneless beef short ribs, trimmed (I used 4 large bone-in short ribs)
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro

Carey’s add ins: sesame oil for sautéing the aromatics, ½ cup water to cook

INSTRUCTIONS
SERVES 6

1. BUILD FLAVOR: Cook oil, garlic, and ginger in pressure-cooker pot over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, scallion whites, and cayenne, then add beef. (Carey’s edit: add in ½ cup water, otherwise an electric PC will not come to pressure. I also went the lazy route and just cooked all of the green onions along with the ginger and garlic, and would do it that way again.)

2. HIGH PRESSURE FOR 35 MINUTES: Lock pressure-cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over medium-high heat. As soon as pot reaches high pressure, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 35 minutes, adjusting heat as needed to maintain high pressure.

(Carey’s edit: For bone in short ribs, cook for 40 minutes on high pressure, NPR 20 minutes, then QR. For boneless short ribs, I would do 15 minutes, NPR). This cookbook is notorious online for having messed up cooking times and not enough liquid in the recipes).

3. NATURALLY RELEASE PRESSURE: Remove pot from heat and allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure, then carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.

4. BEFORE SERVING: Transfer short ribs to platter, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest while finishing sauce. Strain sauce into fat separator, let sit 5 minutes, then pour defatted sauce into small bowl. Stir scallion greens and cilantro leaves into sauce and serve with ribs.

Carey’s edit: pour defatted sauce into a small nonstick saucepan and reduce on the stove until thick and glaze-like. Return ribs to sauce and simmer until they are hot. Can be held on low heat for quite some time before serving. Leftovers freeze well.

Last edited by cmd2012 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10 pm 

Pressure-Cooker Parmesan Risotto
Serves 4

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small onion, chopped fine
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine (can also use red wine; it will make the risotto red, but it tastes pretty much the same)
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, warmed (3 ½ cups for cooking; ½ cup to stir in when done)
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup), plus extra for serving
Salt and pepper

Melt butter in pressure-cooker pot over medium-high heat (or on sauté/browning function). Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in rice and toast lightly, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in 3 1/2 cups broth. Using wooden spoon, scrape up any rice sticking to bottom of pot.

Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Quick release when done, and stir rice with wooden spoon vigorously to release starch into dish. Simmer until rice is at the level of doneness preferred (Carey’s note: I found it needed just a few minutes to be perfectly al dente). Add in Parmesan cheese and additional broth to adjust consistency to taste.

Last edited by cmd2012 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:33 pm 

Here's one of my favorite meals.
CUBAN BEEF STEW HILIA'S RECIPE IP*****

The amount of meat can be increased or decreased to fit the pressure cooker as long as same number of pounds of meat and potatoes are used. Cubans eat this over white rice with a green salad on the side.

Servings: 18

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour

3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1½ cups onion (1 large yellow)
1½ green pepper
3/4 tsp garlic powder
6 oz tomato sauce
3/8 tsp dried oregano
3 bay leaves
1½ cups Chablis or dry sherry
3/4 cup water
4½ lbs chuck or round roast
4½ lbs russet potatoes

Chop onions to a small dice. Cut green pepper in half, top and seed. Cut potatoes into cubes.

Trim excess fat from meat and cut into cubes.

Press Sauté and adjust to high, add oil to liner and when hot add onions and cook for 3 minutes, then add garlic, oregano, tomato sauce and green pepper and cut for 1 minute. Add cut meat, potatoes, and bay leaves. Add dry sherry and then water. Turn IP off

Cover cooker and close vent and select Manual adjust to high and set time for 20 minutes. Let pressure drop on its own. Open cooker and check, meat should be fork tender and potatoes fully cooked. If it is not, close cooker and return to pressure for 5 to 10 more minutes. Reduce pressure manually.

This can be served immediately, but it is equally good if made ahead and reheated. Freezes well in an airtight container. Thaw in refrigerator before reheating

Recipe Type: Beef, Cuban Food, Grandma Hilia, Main Dish, Potatoes, Pressure Cooker, Stew

Author: Grandma Hilia

MONGOLIAN BEEF IP*****

Really easy and soo good. I think I made this using top sirloin. Flank is pricey here, so I usually sub top sirloin or round for stews and stir fries and only use flank when we are going to grill it.

Servings: 2

Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour

2 lbs. flank steak
1½ TBS. vegetable oil
6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 medium leek (optional)
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup water
1 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 tsp. minced fresh ginger
3 TBS. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
4 green onions

Cut meat into ¼" strips. Mince garlic, leek and ginger.

Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select Sauté. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned - do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.

Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add soy sauce, ½ cup water, brown sugar, and ginger. Stir to combine.

Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.

When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.

Combine the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water, whisking until smooth. Slice onions into 1" pieces.

Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.

Recipe Type: ALINA'S ADAPTATION, Asian Dish, Beef, Instant Pot, Instant Pot Forum, Leeks, Main Dish, Meat

Web Page: http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/pre ... lian-beef/

OLEANA'S TAMARIND BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS IP

Had these at her restaurant in Cambridge and they were so good I had to try to replicate. They were very good even though I was in a hurry so did not take the time to do fully let them glaze.

8 beef short ribs, weighing 6 to 8 pounds (1 lb. per person with bones). Adapted to Instant Pot using short rib procedure from Pressure Cooker Perfection.

Servings: 8

Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours

8 beef short ribs
4 TBS. kosher salt
1 large onion
1 whole carrot
1 TBS. chopped garlic ( 3 cloves)
1 bay leaf
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup dry Riesling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBS. tamarind paste

Trim short ribs, pat dry and season each of the short ribs generously with the kosher salt. Peel and roughly chop onions and carrots. Mince garlic.

Place the tamarind in the a 4 cup measuring cup and add 1 cup of hot water to dissolve it a little. Whisk the tamarind to loosen it and then add the vinegar, wine, and brown sugar and whisk again to combine.

Turn on cooker to sear and adjust to high. When IP is hot add fat and then onions and carrots. Cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the contents of the measuring cup and scrape the pot to deglaze and pick up all the brown bits. Add the bay leaf. Nestle the ribs into pot.

Turn IP off and then press manual and adjust to high for 35 minutes. After the time is up, turn IP off and let pressure reduce naturally for at least 15 minutes. Then open the cooker carefully.

Remove the ribs carefully with tongs, place them onto a serving dish, cover and set aside at room temperature.

Strain the liquid (you should catch any tamarind seeds or bits of garlic, onion and carrot) through a fine strainer into a large measuring cup. Place up in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Remove the fat; it should form a large, solid chunk at the top when cold.

Put the liquid back in the liner, select sear, high, and bring it to a boil. Add the short ribs and any liquid. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the short ribs for 15 to 25 minutes, until they start to glaze in the sauce.

Roll the short ribs around in their sauce, using a pair of tongs, to make them a little more glazed and sticky. Place each short rib on a plate and spoon on a little extra sauce.

Recipe Type: ALINA'S ADAPTATION, Ana Sortun (Oleana), Beef Short Ribs, Carrots, Instant Pot, Main Dish, Make-Ahead, Tamarind

Author: Ana Sortun
Source: Spice” Flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean
Web Page: http://www.bearcuisine.com/2014/11/a-su ... mU1bh.dpuf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:38 pm 

MEYER LEMON CHEESECAKE IP

Use a foil sling to make removing the cheesecake from the pressure cooker easier, but don't to cover with foil while it cooks. Original used 8 oz. shortbread cookies (10 large shortbread cookies). Use regular lemon for zest.

5 stars - It turned out great even though I goofed and added 2 TBS. juice.

Servings: 7
Yield: Yield: Serves 6-8

Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 5 hours

CRUST
1 7″ springform pan
¾ cup Meyer Lemon Cookie Thins
3 TBS. unsalted butter, melted
1/2 TBS. granulated sugar
FILLING
16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 pinch kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 TBS. Meyer lemon juice
2 tsps. grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp. Fiori di Sicilia
2 extra large eggs

Prepare a foil sling for lifting the pan out of the pressure cooker by taking an 18” strip of foil and folding it twice lengthwise.

Crush cookies to fine crumbs. Add butter and toss until well combined. Press crumbs evenly/firmly into the bottom and half way up the sides of a 7" springform pan. Put pan in the freezer until ready to use.

In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sour cream, juice, zest, and vanilla and blend until combined. Add in eggs one at a time and mix until just combined. Do not overwork. Pour batter into the springform pan on top of the crumbs.

Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker and place the trivet in the bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on the foil strip and lower it into the pressure cooker. Fold the foil strips down so that they do not interfere with closing the lid.

Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set for 15 minutes for a soft creamy cheesecake or 25 minutes for a more firm, dense cheesecake. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker, and use natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then do a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure. When valve drops carefully remove lid, remove pan to rack.

If there is a little water on top blot with a paper towel. When cheesecake is completely cooled, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours or overnight.

Recipe Type: ALINA'S ADAPTATION, Cheesecake, Cookies, Cream cheese, Desserts, Instant Pot, Instant Pot Forum, Lemon, Lemon Curd

Web Page: http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/mey ... heesecake/

HARD BOILED EGGS IP****

*You can put the eggs on a rack or trivet as well, but I prefer the basket so the eggs are easier to remove from the pressure cooking pot.

You can cook a single egg or as many as will fit in your steamer basket and the cook time will be the same.

5 stars - Really fast and easy.

Preparation Time: 12 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
Inactive Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes

eggs
1 cup water

Put the steamer basket* in the pressure cooker pot. Add the water and the eggs. Lock lid in place, cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes.

When timer beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Then turn off pressure cooker and do a quick pressure release. When the pressure is released, carefully remove the lid. Remove the steamer basket from the pressure cooking pot. Put eggs into ice cold water to cool.

Recipe Type: Eggs, Instant Pot

Author: Barbara Schieving
Source: Pressure Cooking Today
Web Page: http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/pre ... iled-eggs/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:40 pm 

SPANISH RUBBED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH PEARS AND MUSHROOMS*****

Can add 2 peeled and quartered russets to pot with the pears.

Easy and great tasting. Pork was tender and juicy and shreds on its own. Mushroom and pears have excellent flavor and texture.

Servings: 8

Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Inactive Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes

1½ tsps. ground cumin
1½ tsps. ground coriander
1½ tsps. Spanish smoked paprika
1 TBS. kosher salt, divided
1/2 tsp. Grains of Paradise
5 lbs. pork tenderloin
1 TBS. garlic olive oil
1 lbs. cremini mushrooms
1½ cups diced onions
1/2 tsp. sumac
2 tsps. granulated garlic
1/2 cup ruby Port
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
1 splash Bragg's amino
3 large D'Anjou pears

Trim pork tenderloin and remove the silver skin. Cut each half in half. Combine the ground cumin, ground coriander, Spanish smoked paprika , ¾ tsp. kosher salt and Grains of Paradise and rub it all over the trimmed tenderloin and set aside.

Wash and towel dry mushrooms. Set the IP on Sauté high, to heat, and when hot add the olive oil, then mushrooms, and a pinch of salt.

Peel and core pears and cut into quarters.

Turn IP off and then select Sauté, adjust to low, 20 minutes and add diced onions, another pinch of salt, a couple of shakes of sumac and several of granulated garlic, Stir and let cook while the tenderloin dry brines, about ½ hour. After it beeps, turn off, and select Sauté, adjust to high, and remove the mushroom/onions to a bowl, Put the four tenderloin pieces in the IP to sear on all sides (they nicely in the 8 qt.). Remove the pork to the bowl and deglaze the pot with 1/2 cup of ruby Port. Put the all back in the liner and add ½ cup ketchup mixed with ½ cup water and a splash of Bragg's amino, and stir. Add the peeled and cored pears, stir again.

Put the lid on, close the vent and set the IP on manual high pressure for 25 minutes. After it has released all pressure on its own, cut the pork in the pot into chunks, stir. If necessary select Sauté high and cook for 10 minutes to let the liquid reduce some.

Recipe Type: ALINA'S ADAPTATION, Instant Pot, Mushrooms, Onions, Pears, Pork, Port Wine, Pressure Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:41 pm 

RICE IP

PERFECT BASMATI RICE: 2 cups Basmati Rice 3 cups Water
Rinse the rice in a fine covered in fresh water for 15 minutes. Strain the rice and add to the Instant Pot -mesh strainer and soak —being careful to remove any stray grains from the top edge of the inner pot. Add water.
Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press [Manual] and then use the [-] button to choose 4 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, open the cooker using the 10-minute Natural Pressure Release. Serves 4

PERFECT JASMINE RICE: 3 cups Jasmine Rice 3 cups Water
Rinse the rice in a fine Strain the rice and add to the Instant Pot being careful to remove any stray grains from the top edge of the inner pot. -mesh strainer. Add water. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press [Manual] and then use the [-] button to choose 4 minutes pressure cooking time.
When time is up, open the cooker using the 10-minute Natural Pressure Release Serves 4-6.

PERFECT BROWN RICE: 2 cups Brown Rice 2½ cups Water
Add rice to the Instant Pot being careful to remove any stray grains from the top edge of the inner pot. Add water. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press [Manual] and then use the [-] button to choose 22 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, open the cooker using the 10-minute Natural Pressure Release. Serves 4.

LONG GRAIN WHITE RICE

For long grain white rice measure # cups in a Pyrex cup rice and place in liner, rinse rice well, remove rinse water (drain) then add same # of cups measured in same Pyrex cup water to liner. You can add salt and 1 TBS. bacon grease if desired (I also add 2 TBS. liquid coconut oil), stir well and close lid. Press RICE button and let it do its thing. When it beeps finished, let pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes (I turn IP off and let it release by itself). My rice comes out perfect without having to wait for it to boil or turn heat off. If you don't turn IP off, it will still release pressure by itself and it will keep the rice warm. I prefer to cool my rice and refrigerate it and reheat to help with the carbs.

Source: Adapted from Instant Pot Recipe Manual
Web Page: http://instantpot.com/free-electric-pre ... e-booklet/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next