Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favourite Vitamix recipes
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:20 pm 

Rats. My blender is affected. Sounds like the issue is that a few blades have broken....not good at high speed would be my guess. They are going to send me a pre-paid box to ship it back and then they will swap out the blade and send it back to me. They were very nice about it on the phone, and say that they will send an undisclosed gift back with my container to express how sorry they are about this. Plus, they are adding an extra year to the warrantee for the whole unit.

Overall, it is more than any other recalled product manufacturer has offered, although being without my vitamix for however long they will have my machine sucks. They say hopefully it will be a 2 - 4 day turnaround plus the shipping time.

Thanks for posting it, Becca. Otherwise I might not have noticed it was an issue. Somehow despite registering it online, I wasn't in the system so wouldn't have received a notice about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:50 am 

Mine was affected as well - and thanks also for posting - I hadn't received a notice either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:58 am 

No problem!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:59 am 

cmd2012 wrote:
Paul,

I have a magic bullet that I use for making small amounts of purees. My SIL uses one all the time to make baby food for her two little ones and loves it for that, which is how I ended up with one. It works remarkably well for a $30 investment. They even make a baby food version that comes with the baby food sized containers (you blend right in the serving container which is convenient, and the containers are dishwasher safe). Pre Vitamix I made smoothies with it every morning (I bought the one that came with the larger mugs to blend in). The only thing it does not do as well is puree seeds down as well (like from blackberries and raspberries). For those you might want to use the vitamix in larger quantity and freeze unused portions.

second the vote for one of these. I bought a knock off version of the magic bullet for father's day and it crushes ice awfully well for maragitas. If I'd had one when my boys were little I might have actually made baby food!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:51 pm 

All is still not happy in my Vitamix world. 6 phone calls later and I STILL have not received my container back yet. It took 3 calls and 2 weeks to get the shipping box sent to me alone, and now my container is MIA. They received it September 17, and that's the last anything shows up on theis system. Am currently waiting for a call back from corporate. So it's been almost a full month without it now. So much for the 5 - 7 days that were initially promised. They really should just have replaced the containers rather than attempting a blade replacement service for all affected parts. Would have saved quite a bit of customer goodwill in the end, even if the upfront was more.

Edit: I'm also not loving IOS 7. I think apple may have hired windows update techs for this one for all the problems it's causing on my devices.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:32 pm 

I'm sorry to hear about your problem - I got my container back in about a week and a half. They did include a free cookbook on blender drinks that was nice, so there's something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:22 pm 

So my blender container is still lost. No-one from corporate called me back in the 24 hour time frame that I was given, so I called back. Nothing is new....they still have no record of where it might be (although thank goodness they do have a record of having received it from UPS, as well as a record of all of my phone calls). This time I asked if they would consider just sending me a new container in light of the length of time I have been waiting and the fact that no-one can give me any information about what is happening in regard to my old one. Sadly, that too is a 'corporate' decision. I asked to be transferred to them directly, but that was also a no-go. The process is that they will be sent (another) email about me, and someone will contact me. Pigs might fly before 'corporate' gets it together is the sense I'm starting to get....