Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "America's Test Kitchen" TV show: new hosts named
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:00 am 

With Chris gone, it's time to name new host(s). And they are ... Julia Collin Davison and Bridget Lancaster, so no big changes there. They start filming in May for shows that will air in the 2017 season.

http://www.nola.com/food/index.ssf/2016 ... river_home

I hope they start to involve some of the other test cooks (Dan, Becky, etc.) more. It would be nice to get a little variety.

Post subject: Re: "America's Test Kitchen" TV show: new hosts named
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:25 am 

Here is a copy of what I received from Jack Bishop.

Because you are a loyal fan, I wanted to make sure you had an inside scoop on the news and were the first to hear it from me.

As you might know, Chris Kimball has recently departed America’s Test Kitchen. This marks the end of Chris’ tenure as a contributor to the TV shows America’s Test Kitchen and Cook’s Country as well as to the magazines Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country. Chris’ vision and leadership have been an important part of our success since we first launched Cook’s Illustrated together in 1992. On behalf of the entire America’s Test Kitchen family, we wish Chris all the best.

I'm pleased to announce the new hosts of America's Test Kitchen will be Julia Collin Davison and Bridget Lancaster. They have been fixtures on the show since that first episode aired back in 2001. You know their cooking skills (they have prepared hundreds of recipes on air) as well as their deep knowledge of food. They are both so funny, smart, and passionate about our mission, which is to help you become a better cook. I’m excited to see Bridget and Julia in their roles.

You will continue to see Chris in episodes of America’s Test Kitchen and Cook’s Country already filmed and distributed to your local public television station. Julia and Bridget will make their appearance as co-hosts on brand-new episodes of America’s Test Kitchen starting in 2017. Check local public television station listings for the schedule of season 17 episodes. Chris will continue to host America’s Test Kitchen Radio. And stay tuned for upcoming news about Cook’s Country hosts; we’ll let you know as soon as we have news to share!

I want to thank our fans for sending along thoughts and messages over the past three months, as we embarked on the search for our new hosts. We couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Our staff and those of us on-air, including Bridget and Julia, are dedicated to helping home cooks like you, and that will never change. We will continue to bring you more of what you expect: unbiased equipment reviews, taste tests, and foolproof recipes from our test kitchen. With this exciting announcement, please join us in congratulating our new hosts at ShareYourFeedback@americastestkitchen.com.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Jack Bishop
CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER

Post subject: Re: "America's Test Kitchen" TV show: new hosts named
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:31 am 

I've always really enjoyed Bridget and Julia, and might even dig up cash for a sub for a new season (No other legal way to get it for me)