Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Cookaholics Bulletin Board

Shop, cook, eat, drink, post, repeat.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Nightmares - Amy's Baking Company episode
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:50 am 

An update posted to their Facebook page:
Quote:
Other Side of Amy’s Baking Company Controversy in Scottsdale To Soon Be Told

SCOTTSDALE, AZ. MAY 15, 2013 -- Amy’s Baking Company will host a Grand Re-Opening on Tuesday night, May 21, following unflattering portrayals on national television.

Customers will be able to decide who is correct: a famous celebrity chef or the marketplace that has supported the small, locally-owned business for six years.

When re-opened, a portion of proceeds will benefit a charity organized to bring awareness to cyber bullying.

Seating is limited. Reservations may be made by emailing sjones@rosemoserallynpr.com.

Diners will also have the opportunity to meet, and judge for themselves the character of owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, who have devoted their lives to and earn their living from their small restaurant. The Bouzaglos have been married for 10 years, after Sammy emigrated from Israel.

The owners will likely be holding a press conference before the Grand Re-Opening and answer falsehoods depicted on a reality television show, including assertions that the restaurant confiscates tips from servers.

In fact, wait staff is paid $8-$14 per hour, two and half to nearly five times the standard hourly wage for servers.

Questions will also be answered about what happened to their Facebook page.

Amy’s Baking Company was recently featured on the hit PBS show “Check Please” and has received A+ reports from CBS 5 for kitchen preparedness.

“We are very upset by what has taken place, apologize about the acrimony that has ensued but now must fight back to save our business. We hope and believe much good can result from what has transpired. We ask the public to keep an open mind as we begin to tell our side of the story,” Samy Bouzaglo said.

For more details, please contact Michael Saucier.

-30-
First FB comment:
Quote:
Customers will be able to decide who is correct: a chef with 13 Michelin stars & restaurants all over the globe, or two psychos who can't even cook a fucking pizza.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:39 am 

LOVE the first FB comment!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 am 

I saw a clip online of the couple insulting people and so on. Amazingly bad form, like they are stuck in the "terrible twos"! It was so bad it was comical, I mean they pay people good money to write that sort of behavior. They missed their calling, for sure. Should have been reality show writers!

Ancient Amerikano Adventuring Abroad: another fat guy up a mountain in the Philippines

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:07 am 

They can claim their facebook page was hacked, but the videos are proof enough for me of what these two are like.

I also love the first FB comment. Gordon Ramsey is an ass, but he knows his stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:07 am 

delete duplicate post...too much caffeine today - I can't just do one click :)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:36 am 

Completely agree Darc...about Ramsey being an ass. But, he is a good chef.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 am 

I don't know but do you think this might be a ruse to perk up Ramsey's ratings? That couple is too bad to be true. Just wondering.

fitzie

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:06 am 

I don't think Ramsey would do that. I think these people are legitimately awful people.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:12 am 

His producers would happily pick such a couple if they got on their radar to perk up ratings, and I'd suggest that such people flock to media as they are sure they are going to come out looking great. No shortage of assholes in the world to pick from.

When watching some stuff on the TV show Bullshit, they talked about the people who come on to get reamed. The producers told them the premise of the show. They sent them clips to show what they were in for. Yet people still agreed to come on, and inevitably looked like idiots.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:44 pm 

It seems that as a rule, humans in general are so hungry for notoriety that they'll do anything to get famous, even if it means being made a fool. But in this case, I really think these two people are so deluded that they genuinely thought Ramsey was going to show up and declare the reviewers to be a bunch of meanies and they to be amazing restauranteurs who have been innocent victims of a "plot" to destroy their business. And it's flat-out hilarious that now they're on a PR mission to save their reputation, when the footage of their behavior inside the restaurant tells all!

Emilie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next